PDA

View Full Version : What is on DC's bed - quilt/comforter?

niccig
05-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Related to my other post about bedding.

What is on your kid's bed? Do you use:

quilt only?

Comforter only?

quite and comforter?

I'm trying to work out what to do with DS. Currently he uses 2 quilts my mother made on the toddler bed, but we're moving him to a full bed next week.

Thanks.

SnuggleBuggles
05-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Fitted sheet and comforter.

Beth

traciann
05-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Quilt, top and fitted sheet. I prefer quilts to comforters.

sarahsthreads
05-27-2008, 10:31 PM
We just moved DD to her "big girl bed" (twin sized) last weekend. She picked out a quilt, and claims the top sheet tickles her toes, so she pushes that down to the bottom and just sleeps under the quilt. My fault for never trying a top sheet on her toddler bed!

(If you want to see her new bedding - she picked out quite the ensemble - I have a picture up on my blog: http://sarahsthreads.com/journal/archives/001414.php)

Sarah :)

ThreeofUs
05-28-2008, 12:20 AM
When it's cold, we use a "down blanket" - which is really just a thin comforter or thick quilt - over flannel sheets. When warm, DS will sleep only in his skivvies, so covers are mostly for parental use or decoration.

s7714
05-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Both my DDs are in a twin size bed with fitted sheets and a quilt. (They're quilts I made for them, not store bought. They're a little smaller than what a traditional twin size cover would be, but still plenty big to snuggle up in.) I've tried numerous times to introduce the concept of sleeping with a flat sheet on the bed, but both of them end up getting tangled up and tear the sheet off before the night's over.

We don't live in a cold environment, so heavy covers aren't really needed. In the "winter" they just put on heavier PJs vs. using heavier blankets. They do occasionally layer on two quilts/fleece blankets if they're in the mood, but that's rare.

I figure I'll save my money on a comforter until my DDs are old enough to have a real opinion what it looks like. I'd rather wait and get something they'll want to live with for a couple of years vs. get something now only to have them go "ewww! I hate _____, I don't want that in my room!" when they hit those glorious tweeny/teenage years.

TahliasMom
05-28-2008, 02:47 AM
just transitioned dd to her big girl bed. in her toddler bed, she slept under a comforter and or her princess blanket.

for dd's big bed (twin), i have one set from target (shabby chic) fairy ballerina quilt with a flat sheet. she sleeps under the flat sheet/quilt combo just fine. her second set is a comforter/flat sheet combo which is on the trundle right now. i'm not fond of the quilt as comforters are my personal preference but it does look more feminine? and matches real nice with dd's white bed...

jvs195
05-28-2008, 07:49 AM
DS has fitted sheet and comforter with duvet cover. We have the same so we can make the bed by just shaking out the comforter.

kerrief
05-28-2008, 09:35 AM
I just bought a twin for my DD and I'm going to buy a quilt-although there aren't many out there right now that I like....she won't use a top sheet, but I figure in the winter I can add a blanket if she needs it.

Kerrie

linsei
05-28-2008, 01:54 PM
bottom sheet
top sheet
fleece or fuzzy blanket (might omit when it is warmer here)
quilt

niccig
05-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks. My DS must get cold. He has a top sheet and then 2 twin size quilts but each one is folded in half, so 4 layers. Plus pajamas. He likes to snuggle in, so I suppose we'll stick with a comforter - but it's not a down comforter.

ThreeofUs
05-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Don't know if you saw this, but CompanyKids is having a sale, plus offering 10% off internet orders (kid8fe, exp 6/11/08).

I just saw some really cute bedding in the themes you're interested in, so thought I'd post the deal.

fauve01
05-28-2008, 10:21 PM
dd has a fitted sheet -- a Chamois sheet from PBK, those super duper soft velour-like sheets:
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/s220/index.cfm?pkey=xsrd0m1%7C40%7C%7C%7C1%7C%7C%7C%7C% 7C%7C%7Cchamois%20sheet&cm%5Fsrc=SCH

on top is a duvet cover (also the chamois soft stuff from PBK) with an IKEA comforter inside.
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/bd56/index.cfm?pkey=xsrd0m1%7C40%7C%7C%7C1%7C%7C%7C%7C% 7C%7C%7Cduvet&cm%5Fsrc=SCH

pillowcase is PBK chamois too.

when the weather is warm, dd sleeps in panties only and she likes the soft sheet/duvet against her skin.

hth~
anne

kijip
05-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Fitted sheet and quilt are reliably on the bed. The flat sheet tends to live at the foot of the bed, wedged by his feet tightly between the quilt and the bed. :ROTFLMAO:

It is a printed quilt from Land of Nod. Pretty thin.

niccig
05-29-2008, 01:48 AM
Don't know if you saw this, but CompanyKids is having a sale, plus offering 10% off internet orders (kid8fe, exp 6/11/08).

I just saw some really cute bedding in the themes you're interested in, so thought I'd post the deal.

Ohhh, thanks for this. I've looked at their website, but didn't notice sale details...How did I miss that. I'll definitely be getting some things for DS's bed.