PDA

View Full Version : Mattresses

Papa Joe
05-27-2008, 10:31 PM
I have a Colgate mattress that is relatively hard and has hardly been used by my toddler. It is a little softer on one side than the other but seems too hard... hard enough that my toddler didn't really use it and ONLY slept in it after a cushy mattress pad was put on it. Anyway, he is done with it and I have no problem using it for one of the new babies on the way because it is practically brand new and has never been soiled, etc., but I am mostly concerned with replacing it with a more comfortable, yet safe mattress. I have a dilemna, because I want a firm but safe mattress and will need (3) of them, and I have a modest budget. I will need one for each of my twin's cribs and another mattress for my inlaw's house. If you have any recommendations, please send them my way. Also, please let me know where I might get a multiple discount on this item.

Thanks!

joyful mommy
06-03-2008, 08:05 PM
I think Buy Buy Baby gives multiples discounts. It wouldn't surprise me if many stores would if you ask. Get on mailing lists for any baby store near you and let them know you have multiples -- you may get extra coupons.

For our Colgate mattress, I often double sheeted (and matress padded) to ease night changes. The Lands End mattress pads are waterproof without being crinkly at all and with two on, they are definately a bit more cushy. I've never found this combo to be hazardous. We've had two DCs and I think they actually prefer when the mattress pad, in particular, is doubled.

For our 2nd DC, I started him on the "toddler" side (still pretty firm as you mentioned), because I thought the infant side too rock hard. I wasn't so confident to do that the first time.