PDA

View Full Version : Mobiles....

Papa Joe
05-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Does anybody have any thoughts/ideas on what mobiles to get for bg twins sharing the same room? A theme hasn't been decided on yet. I was thinking about an aquarium one that projects onto the celing and has a stand to go on a dresser when babies outgrow on the crib. Even though we have two cribs, we might set them up in different rooms initially and have both babies sleep in single crib for a while. Please provide input on that, and lastly, if I do that, do I really need a crib separator?

Thanks!

Melaine
05-28-2008, 03:05 PM
I have g/g twins; but as far as mobiles go, I've heard good things about the fisher price aquarium ones.
My girls slept in the same crib until they started rolling over from their backs to their tummies and then we set up the second crib. We also had a pack 'n play in our guest room for napping separately when needed. Sometimes it is hard to get them to sleep together. Personally, I would skip the separater. I just think that by the time they are really moving around, they can be separated until then it's nice to have them able to reach each other. They'll grab hands and stuff too!

gatorsmom
06-05-2008, 04:14 PM
I don't think you need a crib separator. I'd buy a packnplay instead. My twins have now, at 6 months, gotten to the point where they wake each other up and use each other for teething so I don't put them in the same crib together anymore :). A pack and play works great as a second crib.

LaCostaMom
06-09-2008, 09:15 PM
I have a separator but haven't used it. They've gotten so long even though they're only 2+ months that I can't lay them side by side along the width of the crib.

We have the Tiny Love Symphony Shapes mobile - it's OK. The twins don't seem to like it as much as the Fisher-Price Rainforest mobile. That one makes them smile & giggle while soothing them to sleep. I think I'm going to sell the Symphony one (which people do rave about) and buy another Rainforest.

I've heard good things about the Aquarium although I've read that the light that projects onto the ceiling has conked out for a lot of people.

novmber
07-25-2008, 09:04 PM
we had 2 of the tiny love symphony mobiles - they were great! i just had one at first when they were in the same crib but when i separated them - then i found another one on craig's list.

mamaoftwins
07-25-2008, 11:06 PM
I like the Fisher Price mobiles a lot. Here's a link for rainforest one: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2455072. And the ocean one: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2329993.
On the expensive side, but we got them as gifts, and we love them. The remotes are awesome. We got the two different ones thinking we could switch them if the babies got bored with theirs. Although, they still like the one that they have, so we haven't switched them yet. :)

We had our guys in the Arm's Reach Cosleeper in our room until 4wks old, then in the same crib in their room until 8wks old, then separated them into 2 cribs, still in the same room. And that is how things have remained. They started wiggling out of their swaddles more frequently and hitting each other at 8wks, that's why we separated them. We did not use a crib separator. IME, a crib separator would have been a waste of money for us.