PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing something wrong with dd's Britax Boulevard??

Tammy
05-27-2008, 10:44 PM
DD is 19 mos and has been in her Britax for a few months now. The headwing area is adjusted so the straps are just below her shoulders. I make sure dd is snug when she is strapped in, but she always has red marks on her neck/shoulder area when I get her out of her car seat. Seems like the shoulders are always so much tighter than the chest part and I don't want there to be any slack in the front strap area. Am I doing anything wrong? Anyone else have this problem?

lorinick
05-27-2008, 11:02 PM
DD is 19 mos and has been in her Britax for a few months now. The headwing area is adjusted so the straps are just below her shoulders. I make sure dd is snug when she is strapped in, but she always has red marks on her neck/shoulder area when I get her out of her car seat. Seems like the shoulders are always so much tighter than the chest part and I don't want there to be any slack in the front strap area. Am I doing anything wrong? Anyone else have this problem?

Is your DD forward facing or rear facing? Are you using the harness covers?

Joolsplus2
05-28-2008, 08:22 AM
The straps only need to be at her shoulders, not below, and no, you do NOT want to tighten them so much that the area over her torso is tight...it will always be pretty loose on that area, you only need to make sure it's as snug as a hug (not a painful crushing hug ;) ) on her shoulders and let the rest of the harness fall where it may :)