PDA

View Full Version : Mini vacation between Phila and Charlotte? Ideas??

jamsmu
05-27-2008, 11:37 PM
My parents would like to meet us for a mini vacation (weekend) in June. We'd love somewhere beachy, but quieter than VA Beach. And if a beach doesn't work, that's okay. A goal is that its centrally located for all of us. 4-5 hour drive each would be ideal.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

beachmoms
05-28-2008, 10:38 PM
We absolutely loved Gaitlinburg/Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. I don't know if this is somewhere you would consider but if you check out www.sunsetcottages.com you will find chalets with all types of amentities. Some with game rooms, hot tubs, spas, pool tables, and full awesome bedrooms, kitchens etc. The prices are usually great and they usually have good specials as well. And the views-OMG! Also, Dollywood, great outlet shopping...... Check it out.

joyful mommy
05-29-2008, 08:50 PM
I was thinking Sandbridge, VA (south of VA Beach, near border) or Corolla, NC (north of Nags Head, near border) but then realized you said weekend ... I think there are mostly beach houses at these locations.

There is the Corolla Inn, but may not have weekend only availability in season, not sure. Can't recall how kid friendly it is either -- we were there before DCs. Also the Sanderling Inn, Duck, NC just south of Corolla (I think I have that correct). That might work for you.

You could try to google to see what else might be around those areas.

Have you considered the DE Beaches or nearby communities? Would they be too far north? Further south, you could look into MD's Eastern Shore. I recall there being a Hilton (I believe) resort there -- near Cambridge I think. Definately less crowded than OC or VA Beach in season.

Let us know what you decide. I'm always looking for new ideas too. :)