PDA

View Full Version : reading the reviews on walmart for the graco nautilus and freaking out!

lotsolove
05-28-2008, 11:56 AM
people are putting their 6-7 month old babies in these and talking about how they are now a big boy/girl!!!! what would posess someone to do this??? doesnt it say right on the box what the age and weight limits are.
ughhh ok rant is over
teresa

dr mom
05-28-2008, 12:31 PM
That's almost as awful as the other post I just read about the preschooler in the infant seat with the straps cut off. It's not like the manufacturers make these seats difficult to use...and it's not a trivial purchase, either, it's a piece of potentially life-saving safety equipment. WTF is wrong with people?

niccig
05-28-2008, 02:35 PM
"But I'm such a good driver, I've never been in an accident, I'm only going down the street, It was fine when I was a child, The manual is too long and complicated to read"

kijip
05-29-2008, 01:25 AM
I try hard to believe that all people are smart and give everyone both the benefit of the doubt and respect their right to make their own choices. However, occasionally it would seem that nothing in my life has shaken this belief system more than being a tech and seeing the asinine things people do with car seats. You don't even have to read the manual to avoid most of these mistakes- just reading the LABELS and the BOXES would go a long way towards getting it right. The Nautilus box lists ages. And knowing how big your kid is. I have parents tell me their baby who is about 15 pounds is 25 or 30 pounds and had a parent of a toddler who was 30 pounds tell me her daughter was 50 pounds. Its.called.a.scale. Ugh. I have occasionally been forced to assume someone was illiterate because it was easier to think that than to think they were an unfeeling moron.

Neatfreak
05-29-2008, 02:00 AM
I have occasionally been forced to assume someone was illiterate because it was easier to think that than to think they were an unfeeling moron.

I think that statement is really well-put.