PDA

View Full Version : Britax Frontier or GN?

jh75
05-28-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm trying to decide between the Britax Frontier or the Nautilus. Any advice on which would be better (more comfortable, longer lasting, etc)? We need two & since Amazon has the 20% off deal, I'm going to either order two Frontiers or two Nautilus. I'm a little hesitant about the Frontier b/c of the Amazon reviews.

Let me know what you think is better.

Joolsplus2
05-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Seems like the main problem is that it doesn't install in some cars.... Can you find one locally to try it in your car? Make sure you can install it with the seatbelt (normal path or long belt path), so that if your child still fits in the harness when the LATCH weight is outgrown you'll be able to keep using it harnessed. :) The Nautilus doesn't seem to have really any glaring installation issues, just the seating area and crotch space are more limited so the harness may not be as comfortable for larger kids. It's also not quite as tall when used as a booster seat.

jh75
05-28-2008, 03:39 PM
We have an Acura TL & a Toyota Sienna. Any idea if it will work in those?

all together ooky
05-28-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm trying to make this decision too. I like how my 4-year-old fits in the Frontier better (more shoulder room-in the Nautilus she looks squished) but I'm not thrilled with the arm rests and cup holders (I know-minor stuff) on the Frontier. I wish I had unlimited funds. Ha ha!

lilycat88
05-28-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm getting ready to order one from Target.com to try in our car and then probably return it to the store and purchase it somewhere cheaper. I can't find one around here to try. I feel sort of sleezy doing that but...

We currently have a Nautilus installed in my car but it's going to be heading to Grandma and Grandpa's car. We're having to replace a Marathon due to an accident. For what it's worth, DD loves the Nautilus. I didn't have any problems with install in our 4-runner outboard with a seatbelt.

o_mom
05-29-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm getting ready to order one from Target.com to try in our car and then probably return it to the store and purchase it somewhere cheaper. I can't find one around here to try. I feel sort of sleezy doing that but...

We currently have a Nautilus installed in my car but it's going to be heading to Grandma and Grandpa's car. We're having to replace a Marathon due to an accident. For what it's worth, DD loves the Nautilus. I didn't have any problems with install in our 4-runner outboard with a seatbelt.

If you want to feel even more sleezy - stalk your Target after you return it and it will probably be marked 30-50% off.... Or, at least tell me which one you return it to. ;)

I'm waiting to hear back from someone local that had considered buying one, so I'll let you know if she has one.

o_mom
05-29-2008, 08:27 AM
Oh, yes, and if you go through AAA you can get 10% off.....

lilycat88
05-29-2008, 09:50 AM
You are such a bad influence!

801kelle
05-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Right now if you buy at:

albeebaby they are on sale

www.hipmonkey.com they are on sale

www.whatshebuys they are on sale

And if by chance you need to buy two they are on sale at amazon for 20% off

so if you buy two and free shipping you get them for $559.98
Shipping & Handling: $41.37
Super Saver Discount -$41.37
Promotion Applied -$112.00
Order Grand Total: $447.98

I have a frontier and love it.. it is easy to install and we had regents before and I love it more than my Regents..