PDA

View Full Version : Need stick vac recommendations

bethie_73
05-28-2008, 03:37 PM
I tried to do a search, but didn't see too much. I have wood floors a 2yo and a cat.

I think it was cleaning my in-laws house every day over vacation that set me off, they have wood floors 2 cats and a dog (and when we are there a 2yo) and now I can't stand the mess at my house (not as much but it all I see).

So I had some ideas, but I was wondering if someone had something they loved. I'm looking for something quick to use everyday.

TIA

Aishe
05-28-2008, 04:01 PM
I also have wood floors, a 2yo, and a cat, and I love my Swiffer stick vac. I have to replace it every couple of years, but it's cheap enough (around $30, I think) that I don't mind.

Gena
05-28-2008, 04:13 PM
We have a Shark stick vac and I love it. I use it on the carpets as well as the hardwood floors. DS loves to take a turn with and and "help clean the floors." DS is afraid of the regular vacuum because of the noise. The Shark is very quiet, so I use a lot more often.

kate909
05-28-2008, 10:34 PM
I have the Dirt Devil cordless stick vac and just love it. It replaced my dead Swivel Sweeper (which I loved until the battery died after one freaking year). We have a toddler and 2 cats, so I run it every morning and a lot of evenings in the kitchen (laminate), living room (hardwood with area rug) and dining room (hardwood). It does really great on all surfaces - picks up cat litter and cat hair really well. But, since it's cordless, after I do all three rooms and my laundry room, it needs to be recharged. I've never had a problem remembering to plug it in, but if you tend to forget, this isn't the vacuum for you.