PDA

View Full Version : Ikea Comforters

mommysammi
05-28-2008, 05:40 PM
I read a few threads ago (can't find them now) that the Ikea comforters are nice and warm. True?

We're looking for something very warm and synthetic (no down). Recommendations?

What do you use for your DC?

TIA.

caheinz
05-28-2008, 06:22 PM
We have one that's pretty lightweight, but DS is a very warm sleeper. He has a different one on his bed now, but never sleeps with more than a sheet over him anyways. When I would lay with him to get him to sleep (we used this when he was ~2yo), I was plenty warm with it...

It's held up great, and I would buy another from IKEA if I had any to buy!

blisstwins
05-28-2008, 07:17 PM
They have quite a few different weights. We have pretty heavy warm ones we use in the winter that were about $40 for a twin. I just bought summer weight ones for $8.99. Love Ikea for this kind of stuff.

fauve01
05-28-2008, 10:14 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE Ikea comforters. i used to be a "down comforter only" person, but decided to switch to non-down because of allergies. now that's all we use. DH and i have different needs (i want warmer than he does) so we each have the weight we want (for summer and winter) in a twin size. DD also has two weights and it's worked great for her too. i also got ikea comforters for our guest beds.

LOVE them!! they are fluffy and lightweight like down, warm like down, but they are inexpensive and washable! LOVE them. :bighand: :cheerleader1: :loveeyes:

anne

bubbaray
05-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Love DD#1's Ikea comforter. Will be buying another for DD#2 when she's in a real bed. IIRC, it was around $40-50. Can't beat the price.

kedss
05-29-2008, 05:16 AM
We love the one we got for DS, like a PP said, they have a lot of different ones to choose from, as far as warmth is concerned, the one we have for DS is light enough for right now, and was warm enough for the late winter.

mommysammi
05-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Thank you for all the feedback. I'll get one to try first. If it's warm enough, we're getting one for everyone including guests since they are so affordable.

staramama
05-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks, everyone, for reminding me of IKEA! I love that place, and we've got two twin comforters to buy soon. I just looked at their comforters on their website. Can any of you remember the warmth rating of the comforters you bought? i'm looking for a warm-but-not-too-warm blankets. Would their #3 be a good middle of the road weight?
Thanks!