PDA

View Full Version : Crib Blanket

VidyaParanjape
05-28-2008, 07:59 PM
When my sister had her first child, she bought everything that's available on every checklist. We were lucky. We came to know of the baby bargains book when we attended the child preparation class at the hospital. The book has helped us a lott and I am trying to limit to the necessary items only.

The book talks about not having any loose items in the crib as its dangerous to the baby. So far I have the mattress, crib fitted sheet and the ultimate crib sheet. The book also talks about crib blanket. I am having difficulty understanding how this crib blanket will be used in the crib. Will that be used on the baby? Will the baby be already swaddled with blanket? or should I just get a sleepsack?

Please help.

Thanks
Vidya (8 months pregnant)

SnuggleBuggles
05-30-2008, 06:39 PM
That's odd. I don't have the newest edition of the book to check it out. I can only offer up what we did. With ds1 we just dressed him with a layer more than we wore to bed (onesie under a footed sleeper, usually). With ds2 we have done a sleeper and a Swaddle Me. On the coldest of nights we had a receiving blanket (thin) that we tucked into the foot of the bed and pulled up to baby's waist. Because he was swaddled he couldn't reach the blanket or squirm enough to ever get close to the blanket. As soon as he escaped his swaddle (or started squirming or it warmed up...I can't remember which happened first!) we removed the blanket for some piece of mind.

Now that he can squirm and sleeps everywhere we use sleepsacks.

Beth

VidyaParanjape
05-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Thank you for the information. Its sufficient for me to start with. Thanks again.

susandink
05-31-2008, 09:14 AM
I have found that the swaddlers with the velcro wings are a Godsend!! The baby can be swaddled fairly tight and I can sleep (even if its only an hour) without worrying about baby.

bubbaray
05-31-2008, 09:52 AM
I never used blankets or anything else in the crib until my girls could roll over on their own. I swaddled both of them. You can check out the Miracle Blanket and the SwaddleMe.

janine
06-06-2008, 09:34 AM
The book says it's better to not have anything, but if it is a cold climate/winter..that a cotton blanket tucked firmly into sides of crib folded up to baby's mid rif is ok.

joyful mommy
06-13-2008, 04:14 PM
For us, crib blankets were used after DCs were several months to a year old. We swaddled and then switched to sleep sacks in the beginning.

P.S. Swaddling is great for as long as you can manage it! :)