PDA

View Full Version : questions about Scenera installation - argh!

Melarina
05-28-2008, 08:20 PM
DH went to the car seat tech place today to get help with installing a Scenera in our Toyota Echo (second car/backup seat), center seat rear-facing. They put two pool noodles in underneath the seat of the Scenera close to the back of the seat of the car. Now the seat of the Scenera is not fully touching the seat of the car - this seems wrong to me. DH said the car seat techs did it to achieve the correct level on the seat since it is RF.

Am I right to be concerned that the carseat is not actually in full contact with the vehicle? The manual for the Scenera does not suggest using anything to prop it up either. Any advice on installing this seat?

Thanks so much for your help. (DH and I are getting into a bit of a pattern here - he takes a seat to the car seat tech to be installed, they do something questionable and I end up getting the most helpful info here!)

TIA, so much

Melarina
05-30-2008, 07:27 PM
An additional question - when I grab the seat and wiggle it, there is a lot of movement. There isn't much movement near the belt itself, and I remember reading hear that if the seat doesn't move more than an inch at the belt it's OK - is that right?

For lack of something better to do we still have the Scenera installed with the pool noodles the car seat tech put in, but I'd love to hear other opinions on if there's a better way to install this seat. TIA!

Joolsplus2
05-30-2008, 08:14 PM
http://www.carseatsite.com/reclinewithnoodles.jpg
oops sorry you got missed...does it look about like that? that's fine. I know it feels super duper flimsy, but it's still quite safe... crazy, but you'll get used to it.

Melarina
05-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Thank you so much for this reassurance :) I feel better after seeing the picture. DH just looked at the pic too and agrees that's about what it looks like. I guess I got used to the MA so didn't have any frame of reference for the Scenera. Thanks again!