PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Purchased A Vehicle Through CarsDirect?

randomkid
05-28-2008, 10:11 PM
We are considering going through CarsDirect for a new van, but don't know of anyone who has actually used this service. Anyone out there who has used them and what was your experience with it?

Thanks

wencit
05-28-2008, 11:16 PM
We did, just a few months ago. We're very pleased with the service and would use them again. My contact was extremely professional and answered all my questions in a timely manner. I initially e-mailed a bunch of dealers with the exact specifications of the car I was looking for and asked them to give me their best quote. CarsDirect matched the lowest quote of all the dealers. I suppose I could have then taken the CarsDirect quote and gone BACK to the dealers and asked them to go even lower, but I didn't want *that* much of a hassle.

Anyways, after exchanging a few phone calls and e-mails with CarsDirect, I went to a local dealership, signed the paperwork, and picked up my new minivan. No high pressure salesmen, no games, no run-around. Simple. My best car buying experience yet. And I'm satisfied that I got a fair price on the car.

sdrew99
05-29-2008, 12:17 AM
We used CarsDirect a few years ago to purchase our SUV - it was fabulous. No haggling, no waiting at the dealership - just a few phone calls and emails with CarsDirect and we had the SUV we wanted. I highly recommend them!

avd3875
05-29-2008, 12:27 AM
We used them in 2000 to buy our RAV4. We already knew exactly what we wanted, so we just told them and they found it for us. I did call a local dealership and told them exactly what I wanted and the price I was getting from CarsDirect. They couldn't beat it, and they kept trying to add on things we didn't want, and change the color. I think they must have had a car on the lot they couldn't get rid of. The whole process was very, very easy, and as a bonus my old elementary school got a donation because I did the whole thing through schoolpop.com.

HTH

cmo
05-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Does CarsDirect charge a fee for their service? I'm intrigued...

wencit
05-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Nope, they don't charge a penny for their service. I think my advisor made some kind of mention that they have a contract directly with car manufacturers, so no overhead. And obviously since they don't have any brick and mortar dealerships, there are no operating costs associated with that.

Based on my experience with them, I'm thinking they make some money off of extended warranties. Upon finalizing the contract, the CarsDirect representative did ask me if I wanted to purchase any warranties through them, but I declined, and that was that. No pressure or anything.