PDA

View Full Version : Scholastic warehouse sales - great deals!

Globetrotter
05-29-2008, 03:21 AM
If you have a scholastic warehouse near you, you should get on their mailing list to be informed of their public sales! This year I volunteered and earned $160 in books (based on retail price) for 8 hours of work. It's a great way to get party favors (I do this sometimes and get great deals) and buy gifts - they also sell Klutz sets. In this economy, I figure we can use all the help we can get! Plus it was like a dream come true, organizing boatloads of books. Thankfully I never had to get on the cash registers this time - phew...

In our local warehouse, almost everything is 50% off and then they issue additional coupons. However, I've seen sales where everything in the warehouse is under $10, or something like that. They sell leftovers from the book fairs, but trust me when I say there's still loads of good stuff left :)

Kris

fortato
05-29-2008, 08:51 AM
They finally had one near me, and I found that that bag they give you to shop with was not quite large enough. It was very deceiving... I thought it was big, until I filled it up in less than 20 minutes.

Damn you Scholastic.

Corie
05-29-2008, 09:16 AM
I've been every year now for quite awhile.

FYI, the big warehouse sales are in May and December.

christiedavid3
05-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Where do you go to find out where the warehouses are? Is it on the website?

Corie
05-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Where do you go to find out where the warehouses are? Is it on the website?

http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/

geochick
05-29-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/events/warehouse/

Meatball Mommie
05-29-2008, 05:27 PM
It says on their website that it's open to "School Employees, School District Personnel, Registered Homeschoolers, and Book Fair Chairpeople / Volunteers". How are you attending? The first poster volunteered, how did you arrange that? Also someone mentioned a bag - do you have to stop shopping when the bag they give you is full? Has anyone been to one in MA (that's where I live)?

Karen, mom to James (8/03) and Sean (4/05)

edited to fix spelling ;)

gordo
05-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the info! I just found out that my local warehouse sale is across the street from my house tomorrow!!!

saschalicks
05-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Wow thanks! There's one 15 mins from my house going on now through Sat. I'll be heading there Sat.

Globetrotter
05-29-2008, 08:10 PM
I volunteer for the school book fairs, but I used to buy stuff even before that. Just register online to get your "fast pass" which is a $10 off something coupon. Ours has extra deals the last three days and I noticed that they are constantly getting stuff in so they actually had a better selection the last few days!

I got on their volunteer email list so I plan to do it every time now :)

You can buy an unlimited amount of stuff. Fortunately ours has huge carts ;) You will be amazed how fast you can fill them, especially when you see some of those deals!

Kris

Globetrotter
05-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the info! I just found out that my local warehouse sale is across the street from my house tomorrow!!!

It's a good thing mine is 15 minutes away because, in your situation, I would just move in :D

Kris