PDA

View Full Version : Time is up on Marathon... Need Help

madelinesmom
05-29-2008, 01:19 PM
I have 2 Marathons installed RF for my 2 1/2 year old. They expire in about 6 months so I have some time to play with. Here is the problem, DD2 is 26 lbs now and in the 2nd slot, no way she will be 33 lbs. by the expiration date. What do I buy next... Other background: DD#1 is 5 and harnessed in a 2 Regents in a Chevy Tahoe and a Acura TL, she is 45 inches and 41 lbs..

Here are my options as I see them:

1. Buy 2 Frontiers and move DD#1 to the new seats so that she can one day use them as boosters when she reaches the height limit and give DD#2 the Regents.
2. Buy 2 Frontier for DD#2 and leave DD#1 in her Regents she loves them especially her Cheetah print!!!

I really am not thrilled about FF Emmy and am discussing with a neighbor buying the frontiers and using her Marathons that have another year on them and giving her my Frontiers to use until Emmy gets to the weight limit. But dang... the idea of buying two Frontiers and not getting to use them really sucks...

Any advice or alternate suggestion are really appreciated...

Jane

bubbaray
05-29-2008, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't buy seats and give/loan them to a neighbor. I dunno, I like to be the only one using seats (well, obviously *I'm* not actually sitting in them, my girls are, but you get my point).

I'd get either 2 more MAs or maybe RNs, depending on your vehicle. The RN top slot is definitely higher than the MAs. With my long-torsoed DD#1 I will get at least an extra year out of her FFg in the RN over the MAs (that have now been passed down to DD#2).

This is assuming that you want to keep your DD#2 RFg. If you want to FFg her, I'd get 2 Frontiers or maybe 2 Graco Nautilus (is that Nautili??).

Wife_and_mommy
05-29-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm not saying *not* to RF her but I bought my almost 3.5 yo dd a MA last year because she was still RF. She outgrew RF by height 2 months later. She was only 29# at the time.

My DS is the same size as your dd. If I had to get him a new seat in 6m I'd research the RN. I don't think I researched quite enough when I bought DD's MA last year.