PDA

View Full Version : My baby just had her last day of preschool.

sarahsthreads
05-29-2008, 01:28 PM
In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge milestone...but I'm having a hard time not bursting into tears in front of DD. (Must be the pregnancy hormones. Yeah, that's it...)

Actually, I did lose it just a bit when we picked up her backpack after the outdoor picnic the school had and there was a folder of her work over the year with her handprint on it and a little framed poem "This is the hand you used to hold when I was only three years old!"

I think I'm going to be a total basket case in 15 years when she's wearing her cap and gown and walking across the stage to college and her adult life. :crying:

Sarah

Wife_and_mommy
05-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Big :hug: !!

DD's was last Fri. I don't have pg hormones to blame for the tears I shed. I felt silly but seeing her so grown up in a cap/gown and singing about graduation brought me to tears!

hollybloom24
05-30-2008, 08:37 AM
I think it is a huge milestone! Think about it - it was one of the biggest transitions kids make - going from being home to "school!" Kindergarten won't even be as big a deal because of the preschool!

I think it's totally appropriate to shead a few tears!

buddyleebaby
05-30-2008, 08:42 AM
:hug:

I get weepy thinking about it and my dd hasn't even started yet.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
05-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Yesterday was dd's last day of preschool as well. She'll be continueing at the same school with the same teacher actually for kindergarten so it wasn't all that bad but still a little bittersweet.

Next year I'll be a complete mess when she has to leave the montessori school completely.

sarahsthreads
05-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the hugs, everyone. I guess, even though I barely got to know them, I got attached to DD's teachers - maybe even more than she did, because she doesn't seem too upset over school being over. Although she did have a complete meltdown yesterday afternoon, involving wishing she had her toddler bed back (because it still fits her) and various other similar things that make me wonder if it was starting to sink in...

I remember it being hard to grow up, but it's even harder to watch your child have a hard time growing up!

Sarah :)