PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for bouncer and/or swings?

nathethegreatsmom
05-29-2008, 02:05 PM
I am expecting in August and have a 2 1/2 year DS that is into everything. He is very excited about having a little brother and I am concerned about him hurting the new baby in a regular swing or bouncer. Are they sturdy enough? Will he be able to flip it over easily? Does anybody have any ideas or experience on which products are more stable? I have nightmares of the new baby being strapped into a bouncy and flipped over upside down. And/or being pushed on the swing and flipped over. Thanks in advance.

Joolsplus2
05-31-2008, 10:00 AM
I had the Fisher Price Papasan swing, and it was very stable...not that it encountered and energetic 2 yo, but it seemed a little sturdier than some of the old swings I had for my older kids (and the main benefit of it was it could swing side to side or front to back depending on what the baby liked).

o_mom
05-31-2008, 10:35 AM
We have a FP cradle swing too, but not the Papasan. It encountered a 2 yo daily and I was never concerned that it would tip. The design is very, very stable. The side-to-side motion is great. In fact, we have never turned it front to back through three kids.

nathethegreatsmom
06-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks so much. I ended up getting a FP Aquarium portable swing this weekend. I found out that my daycare provider uses this at her house and the kids have been trained to stay away from the swing when a baby is in it. It also seems pretty sturdy. Hopefully, the few months of training that the swing is for the baby will help in August. Thanks for the feedback.