PDA

View Full Version : S/O If you did the daddy pictures last year...(or if you did them more than once)

kayte
05-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Are you doing them again this year?

If so are you framing them in the same frame (on top of the pics form last year)?

Are you framing the new set separately?

Are you just replacing one of the pictures from last year with one from this year (so eventually you'll have 5 pictures -each one from a different year?)

Thanks!

bubbaray
05-29-2008, 04:40 PM
I did the Daddy pics with DD#1 2 yrs ago. I'm not doing them this year. I was going to do them next year with DD#2 (she'll be close in age to when DD#1 did them) in a new frame.

I might do a set of them together this year. Not sure.

I don't think I would put the pics over top of the ones from before -- they are too cute to cover up! :) Besides, they are at DH's office.

MommyAllison
05-29-2008, 08:04 PM
This will be our third year doing the pics with DD, first year for DS. We do PAPA as that is what DD calls DH. Currently, the first P is from the first year we did the pics, and the APA are from last year. This year, I will replace the second PA, next year I'll replace the last A, so that after Fathers Day 2009, there will be a photo from each year we've done it. DH was sad to see the pics being replaced last year, as he liked seeing her little baby pictures, but it's too expensive for us to buy new frames every year, and as DD gets older it is getting harder to get good photos (she doesn't enjoy being photographed anymore!) so I'm glad there are fewer pics needed each year.

I'll start a new frame for DS's PAPA pictures this year. Thought about doing them together, but decided against it.

lablover
05-29-2008, 09:01 PM
I did them a couple of years ago with DS. I'm going to attempt another set this year with both kids.

joyful mommy
05-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Did them with DS1 a couple of years ago: "I Love Daddy" (Love was symbolized with a wooden heart)

Want to do a new one with both DSs somehow this year, but can't decide how to arrange it.... I'd love to read more of what others here have done too!

mudder17
05-29-2008, 10:03 PM
I've done it the last three years and am trying to figure out how I'm going to do it this year. I need to figure out a way I can get both girls by myself and feeling cooperative!

maestramommy
05-29-2008, 10:57 PM
This will be my third year, assuming I can get my act together and take the pics lol! Each year I leave one more frame untouched. So this year Dora will be alone in the first two frames and She and Arwyn will be together in the last 3 frames. At the end of 5 years, you'll see a different year represented in each frame.

I just print out the finished product, and Dh puts it into the same wooden frame, replacing the previous slide. It hangs up in his office.

cmonbaby
05-30-2008, 09:37 AM
I must have been MIA last year and would love to see the original post. Is it possible for me to do this with a newborn or should I wait until next year when she's older and then both kiddos can hold the letters?

mdb78
05-30-2008, 10:34 AM
I must have been MIA last year and would love to see the original post. Is it possible for me to do this with a newborn or should I wait until next year when she's older and then both kiddos can hold the letters?

I did this last year when dd was only 4 weeks old. I just had her lay there or propped her up on pillows and placed the letters in different places. Here's the link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/MarizelDB78/ChloeAnabelle/photo#5077945275477129394

I plan on doing it again this year..:)