PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to wooden DADDY letters....

kayte
05-29-2008, 04:53 PM
I posted a picture from our DADDY pictures in another thread and I got a pm asking me to explain how I made them.... My sister and I cut the letters from sheets of foam core board that I got at Hobby Lobby for about $1.50 a sheet. I drew the letters with a ruler and freehanded the curves and we cut them out with an exacto knife. The letters are HUGE and they worked great (we used them with a 1 year old, 3 different 4 year olds and a 7 yo). Here is picture of my DD with the A.

I think it's hard to tell they are foam board and the three sheets cost under $5.

HTH

JTsMom
05-29-2008, 06:37 PM
That is an exceptionally good idea. Of course the cute baby doesn't hurt either!

sidmand
05-29-2008, 07:05 PM
That is a good idea. I might give it a try. We did the wooden letters two years ago, but some of them broke (and who knows where they are now). I don't know if DS would hold either one, but for $5 I'm willing to give it a whirl. I also need to get the time and inclination, but that's a whole nother story!

(and yes, what a cutie!)

AngelaS
05-29-2008, 07:10 PM
I cut mine from cardstock last year and they held up fine for 5 minutes of picture taking. :)

npace19147
05-29-2008, 08:06 PM
We have a friend who has the foam mats with the letters in them - the ones that go on the floor. We used those, which were fun b/c they were different colors.