PDA

View Full Version : Britax Marathon on plane for 2 year old?

beccaneck
05-29-2008, 05:17 PM
We will be traveling by plane for the first time with my 2 year old and I'm wondering what to expect if we take our marathon carseat. We paid for a seat and she does really well in her marathon in the car, so I'm thinking this is the best option. Then we'll be using it in our rental car for 4 days, so we'll definitely need to take it with us. Any experiences or tips that I can expect? Any suggestions or cautions for where to sit on a plane with it? It will just be my DH and I with our 2 year old.

Thanks in advance!

mom2binsd
05-29-2008, 05:44 PM
If she is still rearfacing...install rearfacing on the plane..much better for all...especially as she will be able to see you guys and maybe even sleep....and can't kick the seat in front..it fits fine on the plane and must be installed in the window seat...with two of you it'll be a breeze to transport through the airport and install.

801kelle
05-29-2008, 05:45 PM
I have been traveling with my DD's Marathon for over 4 years on planes and traveling... It is easy, I think. I just take my stroller, put carseat on top of stroller seat with carseat base sitting on stroller tray.. go through security, go to gate, gate check stroller and take the carseat on the airplane. It is easy to install and I have never had any problems.

I prefer to take a carseat because then it contains my child and if she wants to sleep she can, comfortably...

Also I have traveled a tons by myself and can manage this all just fine so if your DH is with you that makes it that much easier...
SO go for it.............Then you have your seat for the rental car!!!!