PDA

View Full Version : My DH has no compassion or sympathy.

bubbaray
05-30-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm sooooo ticked at him. I'm really sick (another sinus infection). I feel like poop. I just want to curl up and cry. HE had a sinus infection a month ago and said he was in so much pain he wanted me to take him to the ER. Said I couldn't possibly have had a sinus infection like he had because I didn't complain about the pain. Hello? I've had this SI on and off since January. Its @#$^& chronic, you moron. And, yes, I'm completely in a LOT of pain and worn out.

So, I'm getting zero sympathy from him. I asked him to drive the girls to daycare today (usually I do morning drop off) and he got all huffy. I mean, he gets 8 weeks of vacation a year, has months and months of sick time he could take, gets medical leave for dr's and other appointments. He was 45 min later than usual for work. Figure it out. Jerk. God help me if I ever got some sort of really serious condition. He'd probably completely ignore me until my dead body started to smell up the house. In all the years we've been together and I've been sick or PG (I had horrible PGys and yrs of IF treatments), he's never ever once said "how are you feeling, are you OK" or anything like that.

On top of it all, he wants to take MY van (MY van, not his, not ours -- I WOTH and paid for it with MY money, we keep our finances separate) to take the girls and his FIL/SMIL to BIL's son's b-day party this weekend. To which *I'm* not invited (nor would I go, I hate BIL and SIL). NO @#$%^ WAY. The trip will involve 1hr of driving each way and you KNOW he will return the van with an empty gas tank.

I'm so @#$%^^& mad right now and my head hurts and I feel faint. @#$%^& men.

He can walk to the @#$^^& party on Sunday. I don't care. He will take my van over my dead body.

Thanks for listening. Rant over.

niccig
05-30-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm sorry your DH is being such a PITA. No one else is ever as sick as they were. When I've been sick and DH is useless, I've told him that he better not get sick as he's going to get as much compassion as he's been showing me. That sometimes helps.

Any chance you can let them use the van - think about it, an entire morning or afternoon ALONE - no kids, no DH - just you and bed or the couch and a good DVD and some icecream.

Hope you get better soon.

casey0729
05-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Melissa

I hope you feel better soon. I have had one sinus infection and never, ever want another again.

If your van is on empty when he goes to take it to the party, he'd have to fill it up wouldn't he? :icon_twisted: Take the time alone. You need it!!

Puddy73
05-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Hugs! I hope that you feel better soon. Sorry your DH is being such a jerk. Have you tried throwing a screaming, crying hissy fit? Sometimes that is the only way that my DH will realize that I really need some help.

bubbaray
05-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks ladies. I like the idea of giving him the van with the empty tank. Evil wench that I am. Knowing my luck, he'd STILL bring it back without filling it and leave it for me to run out of gas on the highway to work.

I'm sooooo @#$^& steamed STILL.

I'm NOT cleaning for the ILs. No, I'm not. The place is a pigstye -- b/c I've been sick and DH is too lazy/oblivious to do anything. The dog is blowing coat and there is so much dog hair it is CRAZY. The cleaning lady is coming Sunday while they are out at the party (its actually 2 parties and I probably have to meet them at the 2nd one that is for the 6yo son of friends of ours, but late in the day). So, the ILs will see the "its been 2w since the cleaning lady was here" dirty house. And I don't care.

We need a smiley that blows raspberries....

MamaMolly
05-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Ugh, I have a DH just like yours. His hangnail is a major crisis, but I could be at death's door and I get zero sympathy. It can make me pretty mad!!

I agree with the PPs who suggest you let him take the van...with an empty tank! Bug hugs!