PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Andersson outlet screw-up

citymama
05-30-2008, 01:32 PM
OK, this is a bizarre story. I ordered some LJs from one of the HA outlets last week during their Mem Day Sale. My total order was under $30. Yesterday, Fedex drives up with my small package of LJs and another huge box from Hanna Andersson. One was my correct order, the other contained about 20 different boys clothing items in 120 and 130. I didn't place this order - it was clearly sent to the wrong address. I ran down the block but Fedex had left. I then called HA to let them know.

I couldn't believe their response - can you mail this back to us via US Post, and we'll reimburse you. Huh? I'm a working mom with no time on my hands. Sorry, I can't. I asked them to schedule a Fedex pickup. The woman I spoke to sighed and said, we'll call you back and hung up. She didn't take down my name, number - or the info for the person the order was intended for. So if I wasn't so eager to set this right, that person would just not get her $150 Hanna order delivered. I called back and said: don't you need my name, address and # to schedule a Fedex pickup? Which I gave her. It's been almost 24 hours and no call back from them! Meanwhile, they surely haven't notified the original recipient or re-sent her order, since they haven't even asked me for that info.

So strange! Not what I would have expected from HA at all.

brittone2
05-30-2008, 02:37 PM
OK, this is a bizarre story. I ordered some LJs from one of the HA outlets last week during their Mem Day Sale. My total order was under $30. Yesterday, Fedex drives up with my small package of LJs and another huge box from Hanna Andersson. One was my correct order, the other contained about 20 different boys clothing items in 120 and 130. I didn't place this order - it was clearly sent to the wrong address. I ran down the block but Fedex had left. I then called HA to let them know.

I couldn't believe their response - can you mail this back to us via US Post, and we'll reimburse you. Huh? I'm a working mom with no time on my hands. Sorry, I can't. I asked them to schedule a Fedex pickup. The woman I spoke to sighed and said, we'll call you back and hung up. She didn't take down my name, number - or the info for the person the order was intended for. So if I wasn't so eager to set this right, that person would just not get her $150 Hanna order delivered. I called back and said: don't you need my name, address and # to schedule a Fedex pickup? Which I gave her. It's been almost 24 hours and no call back from them! Meanwhile, they surely haven't notified the original recipient or re-sent her order, since they haven't even asked me for that info.

So strange! Not what I would have expected from HA at all.

nak-
I had something similar happen. A package from HA that wasn't mine showed up. I called them and they said I should mail it to the right person and they would reimburse me. I think they also gave me a 10 dollar credit for my time, but they didn't tell me that they were going to do that originally. In any case, I recall thinking it was kind of odd as well.

citymama
05-30-2008, 03:12 PM
They finally called me back about an hour ago and said Fedex was going to pick up the package. Whew! Oh, and I'd love a $10 credit - I just got a plain old "thank you"! ;-)

I should point out that the original sales rep I spoke to at the outlet was SOOOOO incredibly nice when I was placing my order last week, that it sort of makes up for the clumsy way the store manager handled the mailing mix-up.