PDA

View Full Version : I saw an infant FF in a moving car today....

HIU8
05-30-2008, 01:38 PM
I was driving to the doctor and stopped at a light. There, next to me was a woman driving with someone in the backseat next to a FF infant seat. I could tell if was FF b/c the canopy was up and facing the wrong way. I really don't know what to do in that kind of a situation. I'm thinking I should have taken down the license plate and called the police or child protective services??? The light turned green and she drove off, but I kept wondering how on earth the seat was secured down (I'm betting it wasn't at all). It pains me to see people misuse equipment that should be self explanatory. At the doctors office I also saw a woman walk out with her baby in an infant seat with no harness at all (she was carrying the seat. It was an evenflo and looked rather old). I just don't understand people at all.....

lilycat88
05-30-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm on a roll. First, the preschooler in an infant seat and now, a FF infant seat (Snugride, I think) next to me in a car while I was sitting at a traffic light.

KrisM
05-30-2008, 11:05 PM
If you're judging only by the canopy, you could be wrong. I hope so!

I have a Baby Trend Latch Loc and the canopy can go either way very easily. Depending on where the sun was, I'd have it on one side or the other. It pretty much looked the same regardless of whether it was near the baby's head or feet. I don't think you could tell where the baby's head was unless you could also see the plastic shell.

lilycat88
05-30-2008, 11:20 PM
That was my first thought as well. I almost pulled a muscle in my neck looking to see if what I thought I saw was true. It was. It was center install and the person in the passenger seat was turned around giving the baby a bottle.