PDA

View Full Version : Angelina Jolie stole my baby name!

eggnova
05-30-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm due in 3 weeks and we had just about settled on Amelie - it goes perfectly with my last name, which is French. I even waited until the list of SSA top 100 names came out earlier this month to decide b/c I wanted to make sure the name didn't have a big rise this year indicating that by the time she's in first grade she'd be one of 5 Amelies in her class! And now Angelina Jolie has to go and use it!! Argh!!!!!

boolady
05-30-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't know if she plans to use the name, but it looks like reports that Angelina's given birth were inaccurate.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24893285/

LarsMal
05-30-2008, 02:46 PM
I didn't think she was due until August. I know it's common to have twins early, but this is REALLY early!

JBaxter
05-30-2008, 03:53 PM
People.com says she is still preggers and home with her family in France

MamaMolly
05-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Well I'll be outraged for you: That b!tch! How dare she!

And your baby will be born first, so she'll be the copy cat. It is a lovely name and not so unusual that people will think you are an Angie-nut. NOt like you are naming your DD after fruit or anything. 'Pomegranate' anyone? Anyone? :)

elizabethkott
05-30-2008, 11:06 PM
I am outraged for you.
That skanky, big-lipped hooker.
It's bad enough she gets to play with Brad all day long, now she has to go and steal your baby name?
Bitch!
:D

khm
05-30-2008, 11:46 PM
No worries. I think that "newsflash" was made up completely by a brand-new blogger needing a big story. I HIGHLY doubt those are the names chosen by the couple. I think they were completely made up by the blogger. They are lovely names though, but I just don't think they are what those twins will be named!

katydid1971
05-31-2008, 03:33 PM
It's bad enough she gets to play with Brad all day long
Yep!!! I'm pretty pissed about that too!!!! :)

maestramommy
06-02-2008, 04:18 PM
I think Amelie is beautiful name (LOVED the movie!), will probably go with your last name, so go ahead and use it, no matter what. Who cares what some celebrity names their kid? They're always doing stuff that's irrelevant to us anyway:loveeyes:

supercalifragilous
06-03-2008, 12:07 AM
You think that's bad... I know a couple who are planning on naming their son Kingston b/c "dad's a big reggae fan and loves Jamaica" (even though he's never been).

Uhh...nevermind the fact that mom will forever be asked "Oh did you name him after Kingston Rossdale?" but now they're gonna look stupid for copying Gwen & Gavin's reasoning behind the name too...

gatorsmom
06-03-2008, 10:13 PM
You think that's bad... I know a couple who are planning on naming their son Kingston b/c "dad's a big reggae fan and loves Jamaica" (even though he's never been).

Uhh...nevermind the fact that mom will forever be asked "Oh did you name him after Kingston Rossdale?" but now they're gonna look stupid for copying Gwen & Gavin's reasoning behind the name too...

Betcha $20 in 10 years people will be saying, "Kingston who?"

DrSally
06-04-2008, 06:06 PM
She's using Amelie! I had that as one of my girl names (most people think I'm crazy). I will def not be using it if that's what she names her baby.