PDA

View Full Version : Snugride w/ infant head support

mamaoftwins
05-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows when I can take the removeable infant head support pillow thing that came with my Snugrides out. I checked my manual but can find no info on when you can stop using it. My guys are 7mos and can sit up for a short time unsupported, and it is god-awful hot now, so I think taking it out will make them a little more comfy.

Another quick and silly Snugride question - do you all loosen the harness to put the baby in and then retighten once the baby is buckled in? (That's what I've been doing, b/c I find it hard to get the kids in with the harness so tight.)

Thanks in advance!!

Joolsplus2
05-30-2008, 02:37 PM
The headrests were only to keep newborns snuggled and comfy, go ahead and take them out any time you want :).

Yup, that's what you have a front adjuster for, to make it as easy as possible to buckle up and snug down properly for every trip. (I think of it like tennis shoes... it's just a little easier to get your foot in and out of them when they are untied :D )

mamaoftwins
05-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Julie - you're the best! The headrests are out - it seems I should have asked that question awhile ago! :)

What do you mean by the "front adjuster"? I loosen and tighten the belts in the back of the seat, which is actually the part that is facing forward in the rear-facing seat. Is that what you mean?

bubbaray
05-30-2008, 03:12 PM
There are 2 types of harness adjusters on Snugrides (they have one or the other, not both) -- front adjuster that Julie is talking about and rear adjuster that you described. The front adjuster is easier to use and more likely to be used properly, so that is why it is recommended. However, I had a rear adjuster on my SnugRide and while it is a PITA to adjust, it is possible to do (b/c I purchased my SnugRide before I knew about this board).

Yes, you need to adjust it every time you use it.

mamaoftwins
05-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks, Melissa! That makes sense. Does the front adjuster just come on new SRs? I bought mine in Aug 07, so they're not that old, yet we looked at several and all adjusted like mine does. Hmmm ... I'll keep the front adjustment in mind if we decide to have another baby though!

:)

bubbaray
05-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks, Melissa! That makes sense. Does the front adjuster just come on new SRs? I bought mine in Aug 07, so they're not that old, yet we looked at several and all adjusted like mine does. Hmmm ... I'll keep the front adjustment in mind if we decide to have another baby though!

:)

I'm pretty sure Graco still makes the rear adjuster models -- they seem to be on the cheaper ones.

christiedavid3
05-31-2008, 11:45 AM
We took the headrest out of DS's SS long ago, he's more comfy without it.