PDA

View Full Version : Quick: Stay with Regent or buy Frontier?

schums
05-30-2008, 06:14 PM
DS and DD are currently in Husky/Regents. Is it worth it to switch out DD's Regent (bought last summer) for a Frontier, with the sales this weekend? She's happy in the Regent, although she doesn't have a ton of legroom due to the stupid recline bar. DD is almost 5 (in August), weighs about 55 pounds and is 43ish" tall. We've got plenty of room in the Regent (obviously). I'm not sure it's worth getting the Frontier, but don't want to wait until June if I should be thinking about getting one now.

On a (somewhat) related tangent, will I be the worst mother of the year if I rip off the recline bar on DD's Regent? It's seriously a giant pain in the a$$!

TIA!

Joolsplus2
05-30-2008, 06:48 PM
I just ordered a pink frontier.....:38: dont ask me for advice... :ROTFLMAO:

schums
05-30-2008, 06:53 PM
So, um, what do you think about removing the recline bar? Really bad idea, or just a little tiny bit bad? I wouldn't even be thinking about the Frontier if the recline bar wasn't there. :52:

Joolsplus2
05-30-2008, 07:00 PM
I think Britax has ok'd the old installations (long belt paths and no recline bars, whatever was in the older manuals...) in cars with severe compatibility issues... I'd probably skip the recline bar if it were giving me a huge headache...

mom2binsd
05-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Julie- I knew you'd cave!!!!!!!!!! The sale was too good to pass up huh....

Joolsplus2
05-30-2008, 08:07 PM
I know...I tried so hard... but I couldn't....I had to....

KrystalS
05-30-2008, 09:14 PM
I can't resist either. I keep telling myself that DD is fine in the Regent but I want a Frontier soooo bad!!

ETA: I plan to sell DDs Regent on craigslist. Since the new ones are selling for so much cheaper, what would be a reasonable price to ask for it? I've had it for about a year. I think the DOM is May 07. Its in excellent condition.

all together ooky
05-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Wait until June to sell it. The prices are going back up. :-)

melonkelli
06-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I've got to sell my Regent, too. It's way too big to fit in the car with 3 kids, so we went to a Radian 65. If I could sell the Regent, I think that my DH would let me get another Radian 65 for DS2 -- or at least I could justify it a bit more!

I'm kicking myself for not getting organized before the Frontier came out. But maybe the price increase at Britax will help me...

801kelle
06-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Don't ask me my DD just turned 5, weighs 40 lbs and is 42 inches tall. I had Regents and then bought Frontiers and got rid of Regents..

But I will say if you are having leg room issues etc in your car.. and you could sell your regents you could get rid of some of your issues you have with using regents..

On the comment about asking about removing recline bar.. I would not do that unless I had something in writing from Britax stating this.. Not just a customer support person from Britax saying it is okay.. I am freaky that way.. if it is true they should make a supplement and mail to all their REGENT owners stating this or put on website or something...