PDA

View Full Version : Quick***Need Help Removing Watermelon Stains!**

Bens Momma
05-30-2008, 09:26 PM
The kids just arrived home from an afternoon at Grandma & Grandpa's and they look like they slid down a Slip-N-slide full of watermelons :shake:! Luckily it's just the front of their shirts, but from top to bottom. Anyone have any good tips for removing Watermelon stains?? Need to do something with the shirts tonight or I know they'll be ruined!

Oh the joys of summer!
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:

JMarie
05-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Not sure if you'll find it tonight, but Fels Naptha will get just about anything out. It got washed-and-dried mustard out of one of DS's Hanna polo shirts, and I believe my friend used it for washed-and-dried banana and watermelon stains. Again, came out. You need to use a bit of elbow grease to work it in (it's like a bar of soap), but it's well worth it.

mamaoftwins
05-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Add two scoops of oxiclean powder to a bucket of warm water. Put the clothes in. This sounds weird, but stir it up with a big spoon (like nylon or silicone) from your kitchen. Let it soak overnight and wash tomorrow with your regular detergent and another scoop of oxiclean (I'd do an extra rinse cycle, too). Check everything after it comes out of the wash BEFORE you put it in the dryer. If there are still stains, make a paste of oxiclean and a bit of water and apply to the stains, let sit for a few hours and wash again.

Hope this helps!!

ps - I've cared for my nieces and nephews on and off over the years and watermelon is one of the tamer things they've been covered in! ;)