PDA

View Full Version : britax sales buy now or wait till Sept?

doberbrat
05-30-2008, 10:22 PM
my marathon expires Nov 18. dd is 2y 7mo 30lb 36in tall.

I was going to buy yesterday, then decided to wait, now I cant decide.
If I buy, I'll prob just try it out and then box it back up till oct b/c she's still rf and I was going to leave her that way until she turns 3 in Oct (or hits 33lbs)

regent or frontier? - I'm leaning towards frontier since its good for 9y, turns into a booster etc. I'd put it either in a 1995 corolla or 2001 sienna unless we buy a new car sometime - would be outbound in both cars and neither car has side curtain airbags. no latch in corolla

KrystalS
05-30-2008, 11:07 PM
I would buy now since the prices are going up in June. I have a Regent and I just bought a Frontier. The Regent is just so bulky. I have mine in a Explorer, I can't imagine putting it in a car. I had to put it in my moms H3 and it took up almost half of the backseat. It would be fine if it was your only seat and you never moved it.

Joolsplus2
05-31-2008, 07:55 AM
I personally think the Regent is just a tad too big to be comfortable for a just-turned-FF kiddo (ok, my dd used to cry in ours because she couldn't rest her head on the side... I know some other kids love it, but it's colored my judgement, lol). And I know you have that cargo barrier issue... You know I'm totally pro tether, but I might make a little exception for the Frontier with the long belt path (the shoulderbelt holds the top of the seat back like a tether would) for a smaller kiddo (It also doesn't require tethering at all till 65 pounds, Regent requires it at 50 with some installs, and ALL the time with some other installs).

I couldn't resist getting mine now...but I've heard there will be recurring sales (rumor has it one in June, and the standard September one...), so you might not have to order today to get a good price...