PDA

View Full Version : need advice

lunalu
05-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi,

I'm expecting my second son at the end of June and I'm trying to decide what to do about our carseat situation. My first son was in a Chicco Keyfit for his first six months, then outgrew it and moved on to his Britax Roundabout (his current seat). I had the Chicco as a travel system but we rarely used the stroller as my son didn't like it. My new double stroller is a Phil and Ted Sport double, so I can't/won't use the Chicco carseat as part of a double travel system. I don't want the stroller hanging around collecting dust so I was considering selling it on Craigslist. I'm trying to decide if I should just sell the stroller and keep the seat, or if I should sell it as a package and buy a new seat. What would you do? Any seats that you would recommend in its place?

Thanks so much!

Alina

o_mom
05-31-2008, 03:09 PM
I say sell the stroller and keep the seat. You can always grab a snap n go for $40 and use with the seat. The only reason I would say to sell the seat is if you want a bigger, longer lasting seat this time around. If you are fine with the baby being out at 6 mos (which I think is fine - they can sit up in carts, etc.) then you have a nice seat. If you want a longer lasting one, look at the Keyfit30 (if he was too heavy) or the SafeSeat1 (more height and weight).