PDA

View Full Version : color of poop after switching to whole milk

mdb78
05-31-2008, 05:18 PM
I just want to make sure this is normal. I am now in the process of weaning and giving dd whole milk. The color of her poop is now like a creamy light yellow.. Is this normal?

ha98ed14
06-04-2008, 10:17 PM
I just (literally in the last 5 days) switched DD from formula to whole milk. Her poop is still the same color, a light brown. It might be different switching from formula (cow milk based) than from breastmilk. I think it doesn't really matter what color it is as long as it is not white-ish. That is an indication of liver problems...

mdb78
06-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks! Never knew about that info being related to liver problems.

o_mom
06-05-2008, 11:13 AM
I have always heard that white (liver) or black (blood) are the only colors of poop you should worry about. Any shade of brown/tan is fine at this point. You can also get some wild colors if they eat food dyes - black icing, for example, comes through green.

rbsmom
06-08-2008, 08:53 PM
That's pretty much what I heard. My 2nd DD's poop turned bright green for 2 days - I mean NEON, so silly me called the dr., and they said as long as it's not light (light tan, white), or bloody, any other color is ok.

I might be a bit concerned if it was that light - any streaks of blood? I think I read that light poop with blood streaks could mean a sensitivity to something (maybe the milk??)

egoldber
06-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Amy is sensitive to milk and this is one of the things I noticed with her poop, so maybe keep an eye on it if it continues.

mdb78
06-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks all for the responses... Fortunately, there are no blood streaks. Her poop went back to how it was before like a brownish or greenish.. We actually went to the doctor today to go over her blood screen results... No problem with the liver, but her iron is low. So I guess in the beginning the really light color was the milk, but now her body is used to it...

BTW, if I saw neon green, I would call the ped. too! :)