PDA

View Full Version : Orange highlighter marker on hardwood floors : (

SammyeGail
06-02-2008, 04:39 PM
I noticed these the other day when moping and again last night. I don't know how old they are, I know the boys have had Crayola washable markers, but not any highlighters. I did find an orange highlighter in our 'cup' we keep pens and such in (out of kids reach), so DH might have given it to them not thinking about it staining.

Any one have any suggestions on how to get this off? I only mop with vinegar/water and have not tried anything on the marks yet, so any and all suggestions welcome!

Thanks!!

Samantha
mom to 2.5 yr old twin boys
Noah and Jonas

BillK
06-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Check out Bonakemi stuff.

http://www.bona.com/en/US/Country_Start_page/

That's what I use on our hardwood. Btw - I've read that water and vinegar is not recommended for hardwood (even though I know a lot hardwood manufacturers do as well as lots of internet sites) - because it's hard on the finish, can dull it over time and can make it difficult to refinish later on if you need to.

I've been very happy with the BonaKemi stuff so far.

JBaxter
06-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Try a little rubbing alcohol. Put a little on a cloth and rub it. I also only use vinegar and water on my hardwood floors ( and my tile floors also)

momma_boo
06-02-2008, 10:03 PM
I'd also suggest the rubbing alcohol - good for marker and pen marks (I know this from experience, LOL).

kmak
06-03-2008, 12:25 PM
My DD used a Sharpie on her PBK table. My mom used a MrClean Magic eraser and it came right off and the finish still looks great.