PDA

View Full Version : OT: Power/Pressure Washers?

sidmand
06-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Of course I meant to bring all the outdoor toys inside for the winter and did not.

I know next-to-nothing about power/pressure washers but I'm thinking that might be what I need to clean everything off and make it look nice again?

We have plastic outdoor toys, a sandbox, a wooden play structure...

What should l look for? I was going to try Craigslist, but I don't even know where to start? How many PSI do I really need just for toys? I guess it wouldn't hurt to be able to also clean the siding on the house...unless those are two really separate things.

alexsmommy
06-02-2008, 06:44 PM
double post

alexsmommy
06-02-2008, 06:44 PM
We just rent one each spring for the same purposes. Places around here are around $30 (with insurance) for 24 hours. Well worth it for us - we do all the outdoor toys, the deck, the sidewalks. Each year the list grows - I'm kicking myself for not doing the floor mats to the car. Is renting a possibility for you? Just a thought. We just don't need something else to store/maintain.

sidmand
06-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Thank you! It didn't even occur to me that I could rent one. It sounds like that's definitely the way to go at least for this year.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
06-03-2008, 02:54 PM
We bought one a lowes several years ago for about $100. You don't need the professional model one. Just a small one for home use. If you use it every year then I'd buy one. After 3 years you'll have rented yourself into the purchase price.

But I know what you mean about the list growing.

Pennylane
06-03-2008, 03:12 PM
I bought this one from Lowes:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=207908-53576-K2.26M&lpage=none

It is 1500 PSI. So far I have done my deck, driveway and all my outside toys. It works great and is very light weight to carry around.

Ann