PDA

View Full Version : Help with Frontier install

luvmypeanut
06-02-2008, 06:13 PM
I really want to like this seat because I like all of the features. But in harness mode, it seems like DS is a bit slouched in the seat. Maybe the car's seat is not deep enough or too bucket-like? Is the bar that is supposed to be moved to the front in harness mode supposed to rest on the seat? I got a good install with LATCH with both seats. The other seat is in booster mode for DD but the seat is a little wide and too close to the buckle so she can't buckle herself in as easily as in the Monarch.

801kelle
06-03-2008, 10:28 AM
I don't see anything wrong with your install from your pictures.. I have Frontiers too. yes the bar should be foward for harness mode and it should sit on seat but just like Regent I think it is okay if the seat hangs over the edge a little

luvmypeanut
06-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks! The kids love their seats. DS especially loves his cupholder since he didn't have them before in the Decathlon. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to unLATCH DD's seat because she just can't buckle herself in. But it really is nice to have two seats that match (nerdy of me, I know).

801kelle
06-03-2008, 08:59 PM
I know I am all about matchy matchy too!!!!!!

luvmypeanut
06-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Btw, is it ok to tether the seat in booster mode without LATCHing it?

Joolsplus2
06-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Btw, is it ok to tether the seat in booster mode without LATCHing it?
I've been trying to figure that out. There's a Britax rep posting openly at car-seat.org, I'll drop her a PM and ask and post back when I find out (I'm thinking yes, since they are so non-committal in the manual, but veee shall seeeee...)

:)

luvmypeanut
06-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Many thanks!

801kelle
06-04-2008, 03:07 PM
I have the answer!! I am reading in the Frontier Manual. On PAGE 33.. it says this:

IT says this when instructing how to install child seat in booster mode..

Attach the versa-tether to the tether anchor ...

So it first explains how to attach latch then tether.. so yeah that is awesome!!!

luvmypeanut
06-04-2008, 04:04 PM
So even if I chose not to LATCH in booster mode, I can still tether? That would be awesome.

Joolsplus2
06-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Hmmm.... not quite (thanks for emailing me, Kelle!)... Here's what the Britax Rep answered via PM to me
Julie-

Thank you for this question - it is a good one. I will have to ask if any testing has been done in this mode. If not, we will have to do some testing before it can be approved.

So, once I can give a yes or no answer I will post it.

Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolsplus3
Hi Sarah,
I've been looking through the Frontier's manual (possibly an older version, I got it offline when it was first available), and can't seem to determine if using the top tether strap is ok in booster mode if the lower anchors are not in use. Do you know if this is ok?
Thanks so much for your answer!

Julie

801kelle
06-04-2008, 05:24 PM
In the manual the order of install for booster mode is such: (page 33)

Unhook versa-tether hook.
ensure recline block is in booster position
place child seat on vehicle seat
connect the latch connectors to latch anchors
pull the loop end of each latch strap to tighten
attach the versa tether to the designated tether anchor.

I think it is awesome because it totally secures the carseat in addition to the seatbelt when in booster mode. THen when child ISN'T in it.. it stays in the vehicle seat!!!

I was always leary about boosters because there was no way to secure them and even when kids are in them they can move the boosters around.. I think it is awesome that with my frontier I can secure to my vehicle seat with latch and versatether!!!!!!!!!!!!

luvmypeanut
06-06-2008, 02:23 AM
Thanks!

I asked DD and she's said it's fine to put her in harness mode since she'll still fit. She can buckle herself in harness mode just fine which makes the school pickup so much easier (they bring her to the car and off you go).

801kelle
06-07-2008, 01:54 AM
Thanks!

I asked DD and she's said it's fine to put her in harness mode since she'll still fit. She can buckle herself in harness mode just fine which makes the school pickup so much easier (they bring her to the car and off you go).

My DD just turned five on 05/05/08. She is 40 lbs, 42 inches tall. My goal is to keep her harnessed to she hits max limits either the 80 lbs or 53 inches tall. Whichever comes first. Then she will use in booster mode till she hits max limits.. either 100 lbs or 60 inches tall. !!!