PDA

View Full Version : Vera Bradley Diaper bags

janine
06-02-2008, 06:25 PM
I love how these look--but are they useful as diaper bags as well?

christigpa
06-02-2008, 09:02 PM
My sister received one as a gift and used it with both her girls.

cmonbaby
06-03-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't know how big you need your bag to be but wanted to say that I just bought a Cargo Sling to use as an everyday bag for toting around baby and toddler gear and I love it! It has two side pockets for small cups/ bottles or mom's water. Two front velcro pockets for little things and the inside is decent size. It's not a large bag by any means but it easily fits diapers, wipes, change of clothes, medicine (we carry 2 epis, tylenol, benadryl), burp cloths, my Vera zip around wallet, camera, and a few small toys and books. There are three small divider pockets in the inside (not quite large enough for a wipes case though so mine just floats). Oh and there's a zippered pocket on the back as well.

I think this is a nice alternative if you like the Vera style and want an "in between" sized bag. I don't fare well with a hefty baby bag, too much for me to handle!

ETA: I forgot that I also throw my nursing cover in here too! I haven't tried to pack my Moby wrap but I bet it would fit without zipping the top.

janine
06-03-2008, 07:25 PM
thanks!! i love the way they look and also don't want a huge bag. Does it matter that it isn't thermal (keeps bottles cold/warm)? The baby bag does have a changing pad, so as far as I can see is otherwise a perfect diaper bag!

cmonbaby
06-03-2008, 11:25 PM
A solution to the lack of thermal insert would be to bring along one of those insulated bottle bags. I have a few of those freebies that come in the hospital diaper bags they give out from the formula companies. They hold two full size bottles plus small ice packs. It fits in the main section of the bag without a problem, although it does take up about a third of my bag if used. Just a thought.

I have never used the changing pad that comes with most diaper bags. I prefer those disposable changing pads because it's easy to throw a few in the bag for when I'm out and about for the day (and I don't bring the changing table germies back home with me!)

Melaine
06-17-2008, 11:44 PM
I liked my VB bag for my girls for the first few months, but I ended up switching to a stroller bag (skip hop). I have twins and tend to over pack so I appreciated the size of the VB. I think it is a pretty big bag!! I just decided that any bag I couldn't fasten to the stroller wasn't very practical. I still use the Vera bag when we go anywhere overnight though.

hlphillips2
06-19-2008, 10:56 PM
I had one as my first diaper bag. It's perfectly fine and holds a lot of stuff. The insluated bottle holder is pretty necessary for the majority of bags out there. The VB bag is washable which is nice, but after almost three years it definitely is showing wear & tear. It also isn't practical for two kids (for me personally) since it is a bit bulky on my shoulder. I did love the inside being easily washable. One drawback - the outside pockets are not very toddler friendly. I had to make sure the outside pockets contained only items that were baby proof and wouldn't affect us too much if DD removed them without my knowing before we left the house. One other drawback - my DH really disliked carrying it. If he took DD out on his own he'd transfer everything to one of the free formula bags.