PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day present ... surprise, I'm pregnant

kate909
06-02-2008, 08:33 PM
So, has anyone done anything fabulous in the past to share the wonderful news with DH as a father's day gift? All I've come up with so far is a picture frame with DS1 in one side and a "coming in Jan. 09" sign in the other side. I'm hoping someone has some other ideas to share.

I also want to announce to the grandparents with some kind of grand-father's day gift.

Any suggestions? Thanks all!

CiderLogan
06-02-2008, 08:52 PM
How about if you wrap up one of those tiny little onesies you see these days that says "Daddy's Little One" or something? I see things like that at Target all the time, and I'm sure they're at other places too. If they are all "Daddy's Little Girl" or "Daddy's Little Boy" then you could buy one of each.

Ooooh, or how about if you get DS a "Big Brother" shirt and have DS open the gift on Father's Day?

For the grandparents, you could get a bib or shirt that says "I love my Grandpa" and wrap it up for the grandpas.

Congratulations!!!!

ShanaMama
06-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Ooooh, or how about if you get DS a "Big Brother" shirt and have DS open the gift on Father's Day?

I like this idea. Or you could do the pic idea with DS wearing a big brother shirt.

Congratulations!

M&Mmom
06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I did the Big Sister shirt and took a picture and sent it out to all family to announce DC #2 and it didn't work. No one got it until we explained it to them. Granted, your loved ones may be a bit more observant. :)

Congrats!!

kate909
06-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I did the Big Sister shirt and took a picture and sent it out to all family to announce DC #2 and it didn't work. No one got it until we explained it to them. Granted, your loved ones may be a bit more observant. :)

Congrats!!

I wouldn't count on it. I made a scrapbook for my SIL - it was for her DS, but there was this whole section about cousins (when I was pregnant with DS1) ... and yeah, I had to point out exactly what I meant by her son's "cousin" til she understood that I was pregnant!

But I like the shirt idea. I think DH would get it .... well, maybe, lol.

P.S. mommyoftwo I tried to PM you back, but your inbox is full

Mermanaid
06-02-2008, 10:46 PM
I've always wanted to get a bouquet of ballons and put a message inside each one. Something along the lines of you are a great father because ... You could always do that and put the announcement in one of them. To preserve the integrity of the bouquet, I would only put messages inside a specific color. That way you still have fun balloons to play with after the message versions are popped.

Or, you could get him a card from the "baby."

Our first pregnancy, we announced it to the family by telling them we had found an old video in the cabinet that they had to see. When we popped it in they were watching the sonogram. That was the best announcement because they were in shock.

On the second pregnancy, I found a shirt at the Pea in a Pod that said "I'm pregnant." I was surprised when it took my family about 30 mins to figure it out. They thought it was a leftover shirt from my first pregnancy.

mommyoftwo
06-02-2008, 11:03 PM
P.S. mommyoftwo I tried to PM you back, but your inbox is full

Oops, sorry about that. Try again. I deleted some messages.

Thatchermom
06-03-2008, 01:12 AM
It wasn't for Father's Day (but what great timing!) but I did a picture of DS announcing the news for our second. I couldn't hold the news til I got a real shirt (I can't believe you are so strong to wait until Father's Day!), and DS reads and would spill the beans anyway, so I photoshopped it in. We used the same basic photo putting DS in different settings to tell others. You really couldn't miss it.

Congratulations!

http://Thatchermom.smugmug.com/photos/306360456_eSFWN-L.jpg

TraciG
06-03-2008, 09:59 AM
cute idea's CONGRATS

Wow I could never wait to tell my DH !!

Jen841
06-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Friend sent a picture wearing a shirt with the message above.

doberbrat
06-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Congratulations!

I did a picture frame w/”Grandpa” and stuck an ultrasound pic in the frame and my FIL didn’t get it.

Hope yours are more observant.

kate909
06-03-2008, 11:35 AM
cute idea's CONGRATS

Wow I could never wait to tell my DH !!

Yeah, it's KILLING me! I spilled to my mom, because I HAD to tell someone. Now, I'm just so focused on figuring out how to tell DH, that I'm ok with not telling him ... but as soon as I have the present in hand, it will be really hard to wait.

I really like the T-shirt idea, but I'm hoping to have something for DH to open that would be his present. Maybe I can do the t-shirt to tell extended family, friends.

Anyone else have any ideas for an actual Father's Day present??