PDA

View Full Version : Multiple registrires ... help!

theCAS
06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I've already registered at BRU and PB Kids and thought I was done with registering. However, last week I got an email from my MIL about a family co-baby shower for myself and a cousin who is due in July. On Sunday I got another email from my MIL asking whether nor not I had planned to register at Target. I had not previously planned on registering at Target because I've already registered at BRU.

However, most of DH's family does not live in a location with a BRU and they're not the kind of people who buy gifts online (say from BRU registry). Not wanting to make things difficult for them, I went ahead and registered at Target. My plan was to duplicate my BRU registry because there's a lot of cross over and I can just manage the registries like I did for our wedding. However, I've come to find out that a lot of things that BRU carries in-store, Target only carries online which basically defeats the purpose of having a registry for people to purchase items in-store vs. online. So I went to the store today to add in-store items (knowing that not all stores will carry everything I selected). I've also removed a good deal of the online only items from my registry (stroller, bottles, car seat...). Basically this leaves me with a very lean registry, only about 20 items but it's all things I really need (or think I need!). Do you think this is OK or should I add some of the online items back on? As a side note, he has a rather large extended family ...

All in all this is a very minute issue and I'm not sure why I'm stressing over it but I am. It is so thoughtful of DHs family to have a shower for us and it was definitley not something I was expecting.

Thanks!

elephantmeg
06-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I'd say the 20 or so items will be fine-people will just buy clothes to fill in the gaps and hopefully gift cards :)

JBaxter
06-02-2008, 10:04 PM
I HATE target registry/ return policy. Even if its from your registry and you dont have a recipt they give you crap if you are returning something ( duplicates) I refused to do a target registry.

GeekLady
06-02-2008, 10:42 PM
I feel your pain. I have an Amazon registry, because about 95% of my family is out of the state I figured it would be convenient for them to be able to order something and have it shipped to me all in one fell swoop. But I also have a BRU registry which is a combo of things that are available online and in the store, and a Target registry, because I think there's all of 1 BRU in the Rio Grande Valley which isn't convenient for my husband's family.

But as far as I can tell, everyone is buying things off the Target registry(!) even though I didn't TELL anyone about it(!) because there isn't a lot on it (frankly, not a lot at Target I particularly need or want) and I wanted to kind of save it for the Valley relatives. It's enough to make me tear my hair out.

I tried to get a good mix of prices available, but we've got everything we will NEED immediately except the carseat, so the registry tended towards the useful things we either can't afford straight off or can live without altogether. What's being bought? The $5 & $10 onesie sets. I'm starting to feel like I was greedy to register for anything over fifty bucks.

theCAS
06-03-2008, 10:56 AM
I tried to get a good mix of prices available, but we've got everything we will NEED immediately except the carseat, so the registry tended towards the useful things we either can't afford straight off or can live without altogether. What's being bought? The $5 & $10 onesie sets. I'm starting to feel like I was greedy to register for anything over fifty bucks.

That is totally how I feel, too! And I'm fairly certain that DHs husband will not be into the pricier gifts. So we'll see.