PDA

View Full Version : best shoes for me for disney

sophiesmom
06-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Just curious is any suggestions for comfy shoes to wear. Should I just wear sneakers? Would that be too hot? (july) How would Crocs do?

Thanks!

Momof3Labs
06-03-2008, 08:20 PM
I wear sneakers (New Balance on this last trip). Anything else doesn't provide enough support, causes blisters, or makes my back ache with the miles and miles that you put on every day at Disney. But YMMV - plenty of folks on the disboards rave about their Crocs, while mine give me blisters on a trip around the block (and IMO are kinda hot and sticky anyways).

egoldber
06-03-2008, 08:24 PM
I think having 2 comfy pairs and alternating between them is critical to feet happiness at WDW. :)

I do wear my Crocs and I love them. They double as water shoes if we are going to a water park as well. I also bring a very comfy pair of sandals, like Birkenstocks, Merrell slides, Keens, etc. My feet tend to get very hot so I like open shoes at WDW.

belovedgandp
06-03-2008, 08:37 PM
I agree with having a couple to alternate. I had two pairs of supportive tennis shoes for our 7 days. I alternated the pairs. I also took a comfy/open slide on sport sandal. Doubled as water shoes and easy to take off for airport security. I wore those around the hotel or for short nights out when we broke up the day with a stop at the hotel. Otherwise, the tennis shoes were a necessity.

Jacksonvol
06-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Since my parents live in O'do, we go to Disney a lot. I am most comfy in my "serious" tennis shoes, (Saucony) and "wicking" socks. I find that I tend to swell a bit the first few days and I can adjust the laces accordingly (I also do not wear my rings outside of air conditioning because of this).

supercalifragilous
06-04-2008, 12:59 AM
We got to DL a lot and between my Nikes and Danskos, I prefer my Danskos, hands down. Something about that rocker action that keeps my feet from getting fatigued after a whole day of walking & standing in line.

That said, I'm a die-hard Dansko fan (though I wear Nikes to work out) and those are my everyday shoes.

Papa Joe
06-17-2008, 10:24 PM
I would go with light weight cross training sneakers (or two). Get them now and break them in a little, and when you buy, if they aren't the most comfortable shoes you have ever worn (when you put them on), don't buy them. Also, go and buy them on a hot day after you have been walking around a little and bring your regular socks to try with them.

melissaflorida
06-19-2008, 04:06 PM
I wear the flip flop style Croc's which are the best of both worlds!!

HTH,

Melissa

sophiesmom
06-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks everyone! I better head out soon and try some of these on. I did find that a local store carries wide sized new balance sneaks (every since having kids i think my feet ,,, well i KNOW my feet are wider). I may try them and then some of the suggested sandals/slides!

Stephanie

sophiesmom
07-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Well back from disney.. (was soooo hot and crowded and i'm exhausted!)

I ended up w/ no new shoes.. bought the new balances and tried them at home w/ socks (didnt in store.. duh!) and they didn't fit and had no time to shop by then.

I ended up bring my new crocs, and ended up loving them there! Were much better than wearing just my regular flip flops. They didn't get sweaty, and if it rained my feet dried pretty quick, plus they were 'slip proof' if floors were wet.

Thanks for all the suggestions! May have to get a pair of the crock flops! Disney had Minnie Janes, there were so cute.. was the mary jane style croc w/ the holes in the shape of mickey's head. :-)

smilequeen
07-27-2008, 06:27 PM
We were just there too. I really reccommend the Crocs flip flops. I alternated 2 pair.