PDA

View Full Version : Holy cow!

MommyAllison
06-04-2008, 01:55 AM
DS turns 5 wks old tomorrow and his shoulders are even with the top slots in his Snugride (the 29" version) already! I knew he was growing fast in his length, but whoa!! I don't remember DD being even with the top slots this early. Guess I better figure out which Britax we're getting him.

Neatfreak
06-04-2008, 03:38 AM
One thing to remember with rear-facing carseat is that the harness straps are meant to be at-or-below the shoulders, so as long as the shell of the Snugride is above your little boy's head enough, it's okay if the straps are at his shoulders already.

pastrygirl
06-04-2008, 08:46 AM
:yeahthat: You need one inch of shell above your son's head (and he needs to be within the weight limits). He does sound like a big boy -- my son was huge, too!

Joolsplus2
06-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Radian and Recaro Signo and Evenflo Triumph Advance and True Fit are also good *tall* choices with 35 pound RF limits. But I think you can't go wrong with a Marathon ;)

MommyAllison
06-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks! I know about the 1" rule and that the harness slots should be at or below (DD is still RFing too), I'm just surprised at how long-torso'd he is! DD has long legs so she didn't outgrow the Snugride til she was 12 months (though she was in the MA from 5 months on). I was planning to wait to buy him a Britax til the fall sale, but now I'm not sure if the Snugride will make it that long! :)