PDA

View Full Version : Carseat sideways in vehicle?

emelsea
06-04-2008, 01:18 PM
I was at a red light yesterday, and happened to glance over at the car next to me (I drive a pickup, so I get to peek down into cars :).

In the backseat of the car was a baby in an infant carrier, and the entire carrier was sideways on the seat. As in: the baby was facing me out the passenger side of the car, not facing the back of the car. I didn't see a vehicle seat belt involved in this scenario at all.

I only had a quick look because the light changed and the car took off at a faster speed than the cars ahead of me, and I never caught up to them to get a better look.

Please tell me this is some new-fangled seat and they hadn't just chucked the baby in the back. The plastic on the seat was white or light, light brown (which makes me think the seat was old - are there any white seats on the market?), and it had a handle that was raised.

It was NOT a car bed, like preemies use. My neighbor had one of them for her daughter, and this was definitely a bucket-style infant carrier.

Joolsplus2
06-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Orbit? Combi Zeus Turn? Still, even if it was one of those fancy turning things, they aren't approved for sideways-while-driving... just chalk it up to another freaky misuse and say a prayer for that baby :(