PDA

View Full Version : BabiesRUs Returns

GeekLady
06-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Does anyone know what Babies R Us returns are like without a receipt?

A very helpful-intending coworker of The Husband's gave us cloth diapering supplies as a shower gift... Gerber prefolds and vinyl pants. *sigh*

I figure the prefolds will make excellent burp cloths, but even if I were inclined to give the vinyl pants a try, she got us the 12 month size (18-24 pounds) and so at this point, I'd like to just return them, but there's no receipt.

August Mom
06-04-2008, 08:29 PM
You can return without a problem. You get current selling price, I believe (either that or lowest price in x days) in the form of a MC. You just have to show your driver's license.

buddyleebaby
06-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I've returned to BRU without a receipt. They asked for my driver's license. They offered store credit equal to the lowest selling price of the item(s).
I don't know if there is a limit on the value of the item(s) you are returning, but mine was for more than 100 dollars.
TRU is a different story.

GeekLady
06-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Fantastic, thank you ladies.

ZeeBaby
06-04-2008, 08:35 PM
FYI, we were in BRU this weekend and the cashier told us that they are going to stop the no receipt return policy this summer.

mdb78
06-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Don't know where you live, but in CA (L.A. and Orange County area) they stopped taking returns without a receipt around December. I tried returning something without the receipt and they had started the policy the day before.

beachmoms
06-05-2008, 02:52 AM
Here in PA our BRU takes any and all returns without a receipt. Yes, they do take our license but never any questions. I love them for that and so dislike Target for their policies.