PDA

View Full Version : Sudden oral phase in a 3 yo?

janeybwild
06-05-2008, 10:35 PM
A few weeks ago, my almost 3 yo started putting everything in her mouth. Everything. You name it. Sort of bites down on them or tries to suck on them. We saw the dentist a month or so ago and she got a clean checkup, all molars in. So, its not teeth. Is this normal and how long does it last:32:? She is a thumb sucker at night if that matters. She also sticks her tongue out a lot and I’ve noticed she is drooling a bit more than normal.

veronica
06-06-2008, 06:19 AM
I could have written your post. My DD is 2.5 and is doing this but I have noticed that she is more interested in DS (11 months) and think she is mimicking him a lot. She will put things in her mouth that he has tried to or even has grabbed his pacifier and laughs when she sucks on it.

I think it could also be the experimenting phase for them as they really discover how things work/don't work. DD has never done anything bad or ever played with her nose and this week, stuck a pea up there and off to the Dr. we went!

janeybwild
06-06-2008, 11:23 AM
DD has never done anything bad or ever played with her nose and this week, stuck a pea up there and off to the Dr. we went!

Yikes, hope she is ok and that the pea was safely retrieved. Thanks for letting me know I am not alone :)