PDA

View Full Version : Tips for beach with kids

bnme
06-06-2008, 10:01 AM
I keep reading posts about moms taking their kids to the beach. I have to say I have yet to do this by myself and we live 10 minutes to the shore.

What do you bring? Do your kids where vests? I am worried I guess of managing 2 very active boys at the shore myself. It is the Long Island sound so usually shallow-ish and the waves are minimal. But there can be sudden drop-offs.

I want to do it a bunch this year though. It is the last summer before we start kindy :(

ritacheetah
06-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Have you read "Baby Blues" this week? It's pretty much like that. Bring everything. LOL

DrSally
06-07-2008, 03:36 PM
We mostly go to lakes, but I have been to LI sound myself. DS isn't old enough to "swim", but he splashes and occasionally falls in the water. I dress him in swimsuit and rash guard before we go, and this is what I bring: Small wagon with beach toys bag with sunscreen, water, snacks, extra clothes, sunglasses, diaper, towel, beach shoes. I've heard baby powder gets sand off their feet really well, and I have that in the car, but mostly just wipe off feet with a towel