PDA

View Full Version : Forward facing height rules

KerryRN
06-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi,

I have a 3 1/2 y/o and a 13 m/o. My older DD was in a Marathon in mom's car until recently. When my youngest outgrew her infant seat we bought her a scenera for my mom's car. Well since it was pink and flowery of coarse my 3 y/o wanted that one. I figured no biggie and let her use it and put the baby in the Marathon. She is 30 lbs soaking wet and has 2+ inches left before her shoulders are above the top slots. It is still safe for her to be in this seat, correct? She looks "big" in it, but I think I am just used to seeing her in a Marathon b/c that is what we use in my car.

If is still safe I don't want to have to make her switch seats with her sister yet. She really likes the pink flowers.

Thanks!

o_mom
06-06-2008, 05:21 PM
As long as her ears are also below the top of the shell it is fine. :) That seat has a tall back, so most likely she is just fine in it.

Joolsplus2
06-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Sure, that's fine! She can use the seat FF till her shoulders are just above the top slots or till she reaches 40 pounds...sounds like she could fit in there another year or more if her shoulders are two inches from the slots! (and I like the Marathon better for rearfacing, anyway, the Scenera is so wobbly when RF, much more solid FF :) )