PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Car Seats

ChefGirl
06-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Okay, I think I need two more car seats. Some background information, we currently have 2 Regents (5 yo and 3 yo) installed in DH's Honda Odyssey and 1 infant car seat (4 mos). Now, I currently only have 1 infant car seat for the baby in my MDX.

So, I need 2 more seats to outfit my MDX so I have enough seats to haul 3 kids at any given time. I would prefer to have 3 seats in the 2nd row. But, I don't know if that would work with the infant seat on the side. I guess I can always put one seat in the third row and have my oldest get in from the trunk. I would prefer something smaller, unlike the Regents. I have 2 super skinny kids. My 5 yo is only about 30 lbs and 41 in, and my 3 yo is 28 lb and 37 in.

I would prefer a 5-point harness since my two toddlers are super skinny. Any advice would really appreciated.

bubbaray
06-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Graco Nautlius or Britax Frontier, both FFg only with harness and convert to BPB boosters. Not sure if you'll be able to fit all three SBS in your Acura, though. Plus, eventually (sooner rather than later most likely), you'll need a convertible for the baby. So you have 2 FFg seats and a RFg seat for the baby. Depending on how the children fit in the seat viz their shoulders relative to the harness top slot, you might be able to put your 2 oldest, as well as the baby, all in RN's (obviously RFg for the baby). They are really narrow. If your children carry their height in their legs, the RNs might work well for you. If they are more torso, probably not your best choice.

None of these options have as high top slots as the Regent.

ChefGirl
06-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Okay, I'm just bumping my original post up. I will eventually have to put the baby in a Roundabout rearfacing, so is the Graco Nautilius the narrowest forward facing with harness that eventuall turn into a booster on the market? I would love to get a Frontier but I need 2. I already spent about $450 on the 2 regents that we have in the Odyssey. I'm trying to save a little $$. How is the Radiant 80 compared to the Graco Nautilius? I would really appreciate your input.

thanks.