PDA

View Full Version : WWYD - Reunion

Davids-Coco
06-07-2008, 12:40 AM
My 10 year reunion will potentially be 2-3 months after we have another baby if all goes according to plan. I won't know for certain until dates are released. I will be nursing - I still am with my 22 month old, so we will still be in that good establishing time and I wouldn't leave the new baby.

Assuming the baby is under 3 months, would you bring them in a sling/carrier/etc to the reunion?

ETA: Yes, I would go, lol.

kijip
06-07-2008, 12:50 AM
Ah the better question for me would be: would you go to your 10 year reunion at all? Hell no. :)

elaineandmichaelsmommy
06-07-2008, 12:50 AM
I'd skip it. At 2 months postpartum I can barely get out of the house. There will be other reunions.

ellies mom
06-07-2008, 12:56 AM
If I wanted to go if I did not have a 3 month old, then I'd go with a 3 month old.

Three month olds are easy because they are all compact and portable. If you want to go to your reunion then go and have a great time.

momtoonegirl
06-07-2008, 01:05 AM
If you really want to go to the reunion, and would regret it or feel sad if you missed it, you should go. Will your DH be able to go with you?

I flew across the country to go to a reunion with my DD, who was 4 months old at the time. I was breastfeeding also. DH also went, which was helpful. We had a good time.

HTH, and good luck with your decision :)

Melbel
06-07-2008, 07:32 AM
As another option, is it possible to stay at the hotel (if the reunion is at one) and hire a trusted sitter to stay with the baby (and possibly your other DC) in the room? If you are on site, then your sitter can call you when it is time to feed, or you could pump a bottle. I had a black tie work function when my DS was under 2 months and this worked for us. I hated to leave a newborn, but it helped having us all under one roof which allowed us to check in occassionally.

Momof3Labs
06-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Would I go? Sure. Would I bring a baby in a carrier/sling? No. But I don't think it is unreasonable to have someone come along to care for the baby in your hotel room, and you go upstairs to nurse as needed.

nov04
06-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Definitely!!! dd2 was so easy to care for at that age in a sling. She rarely left it.

dr mom
06-07-2008, 09:44 PM
If I was going to my 10-year-reunion (a mighty big IF) then sure, I'd sling the little one and take him along. DS1 was about 3 months old when I finished my residency training, and he accompanied me to several nice dinners and my graduation. It's much easier to take along a three-month-old than an older, mobile baby!

Of course, if you're taking the baby, you'll have to get a gorgeous new sling in honor of the event. :loveeyes:

purpleeyes
06-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Ah the better question for me would be: would you go to your 10 year reunion at all? Hell no. :)

WORD.

Reunion + stress of nursing newborn = shudder.

Not my cup of tea. But...if you really want to see people, have an "easy" baby, then its no big deal!

pb&j
06-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Yes, at that age they're portable and can sleep in public. We used to go out so much more when DS was that age than we do now!