PDA

View Full Version : Stick w/ white for bathroom wainscotting?

LD92599
06-07-2008, 10:00 AM
The painter we've used several times just gave us an estimate to remove our bathroom wallpaper - and he can start on Monday! YIPPEE!

We have wainscotting on the lower 1/3, then a rail and then wallpaper up to the ceiling. The paper is coming down and the walls will be painted.

Question of the day: Should we leave the wainscotting white and do a color above? Or white above and a color on the wainscotting?

Also, favorite bathroom paint colors (Benjamin Moore only!!)? I used soft jazz in our new bathroom and it's gorgeous...but i want a different color for upstairs and something lighter since there's only one window and it's not centrally located.

Thanks!

vludmilla
06-07-2008, 10:16 AM
I would absolutely stick with white on the wainscoting. I have rarely liked the look of anything but white on wainscoting.

bubbaray
06-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I would absolutely stick with white on the wainscoting. I have rarely liked the look of anything but white on wainscoting.

:yeahthat:

LD92599
06-07-2008, 10:44 AM
I figured as much!

Now off to figure out what color for the walls. The tile in the shower area is white, the vanity is white, the floor is white/gray swirl...the sink/toilet are white!

bubbaray
06-07-2008, 10:48 AM
I figured as much!

Now off to figure out what color for the walls. The tile in the shower area is white, the vanity is white, the floor is white/gray swirl...the sink/toilet are white!

Ohh, how about a rich grey? I have seen some beautiful greys in magazines lately. You could do nice grey towels too. Not light grey, but a really rich grey. if you are into finishes, you could do some sort of sparkly tonal glaze too.

HTH

vludmilla
06-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Ohh, how about a rich grey? I have seen some beautiful greys in magazines lately. You could do nice grey towels too. Not light grey, but a really rich grey. if you are into finishes, you could do some sort of sparkly tonal glaze too.

HTH

Sounds like we have similar taste. I was thinking grey on the walls too.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
06-07-2008, 02:08 PM
I know you like grey but what about something in a blue. Like a mediteranian blue. I've always liked that color when I see it in other peoples homes.

LD92599
06-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I know you like grey but what about something in a blue. Like a mediteranian blue. I've always liked that color when I see it in other peoples homes.

I was thinking about blue but we went w/ a gorgeous (well i think it is!) blue in the downstairs bathroom - soft jazz from Benjamin Moore.

I am thinking about the gray suggestion and i'm off to the paint store shortly for samples. I'm thinking too the gray would allow for any color accents, though i'd probably get gray towels to coordinate.