PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between SIP & TSIP? + Frontier questions

postmodernmommy
06-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi!
A while ago I posted a thread not unlike many on here chatting about whether to "upgrade" from our Regents to the new Frontier. My original thought was that the Frontier offered better or more side impact protection than the Regent. While the Regent is lined in EPS foam so in a collision it does help absorb the impact, the Frontier is labeled with TSIP (True Side Impact Protection). This was pointed out as well to me today at my local Right Start when I went in to see the Frontier in person.

What's the difference between SIP & TSIP? Will TSIP protect even better?

I love getting new car seats and we have a large assortment of seats and boosters now (car seat junkie!!!) (but isn't it wonderful to have choices and to be the one to have the right seat for the right kiddo when family is in town or friends need an extra seat??? :)) DD just turned 6, is 44" and 48 lbs so she'll be harnessed a while longer but with no other kiddos waiting in the wings for the seat to handed down to the Frontier seems like an unnecessary purchase. Or is it really that great for older kids? Our Regents are 3 years old so they're definitely not new, one is quite trashed actually but still have life left in them. Our cars have no LATCH and no side curtain airbags so that is a consideration.

As for the booster feature of the Frontier, I figure that by the time she's out of the Regent and in a booster full time something new and great will be out that I will want to buy. Or we'll stick with our two occasionally-used boosters now which we LOVE, the Parkway and the Recaro Young Style. So I'm not necessarily needing the "it-turns-into-a-booster-later" feature on the Frontier.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Amy :)

Joolsplus2
06-07-2008, 07:24 PM
I think SIP and TSIP are just whatever marketing tool Britax felt like using for whatever round of seats it's selling...could be RSIP next, for REAL SIP, lol, who knows?

Not to, um, give you any ideas, but, um... it's a WAY taller and deeper booster than the PW or YS... so..um.. you know... you might want it? Though honestly, the Sunshine Kids Monterey is basically the same...really tall, really deep, and LATCHes in place :D...plus, the Monterey can be used backless later, which can be nifty in some situations when kids get older (but, so can the Clek, which is super nice for a backless...lol, and the Go, but that's no fun, you already have THAT!)