PDA

View Full Version : Any issues w/ Nissan Pathfinder and car seat installs?

LD92599
06-08-2008, 08:23 PM
My friend has a Pathfinder (2002?) and when the cop went to install the safeseat, said her seat belts weren't retracting enough and therefore couldn't install. Also couldn't install in the center due to the armrest.

Any experience here? She's going to the dealer tomorrow.

Thanks!

bubbaray
06-08-2008, 08:36 PM
DH has a 1997 Pathfinder, which IIRC is the same styling as the 2002. We've had a Graco SnugRide RFg, a Graco ComfortSport RFg and FFg, a Britax MA RFg and FFg, and a Radian65 FFg -- all via belts (no LATCH) and TTd (mandatory in Canada). Obviously, not all at the same time, LOL. Currently, we have a MA RFg and a RN FFg, both installed via belts. Both are as solidly installed as the same seats in my 2005 Honda Ody.

HTH

Joolsplus2
06-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Oh my, that tech's training was *drastically* out of date :(. It's been 5 years since the only seatmaker, Evenflo, took away that rule about not installing an RF seat in front of an armrest. No other company has ever had such a rule, and no child has ever been injured by an armrest.

A safeseat would use a lockoff, the belts would not have to retract at all. Just buckle up, put some weight on the base and pull the lapbelt super tight, then clamp the lockoff...it's almost flawlessly easy to install that seat in most cars.