PDA

View Full Version : I Got A Frontier!

wendmatt
06-08-2008, 09:30 PM
On Craiglist last night there was a lady selling Frontiers for $210, so I quickly put the Regent down to $150 and got 2 emails, sold it today and got the Frontier this evening. I'm so excited, now I just have to work out how to use it! DD is very excited too as it is pink and she "just loves it mummy!"
DH thinks I'm sad coz I've had the same pair of running shoes for 2 years but would rather spend money on another car seat!!

Joolsplus2
06-08-2008, 09:51 PM
ROFL! Yeah, the things I do without so 'my kids' can have carseats... :ROTFLMAO:
I've installed mine once or twice, but it's been sitting here at my feet for half a week so I can get used to it and read the manual and measure stuff as needed... and so my dog has a place to sleep...

I don't know when they changed the manual (my 5/16 seat has the newest one), but the supplementary instructions are online about how to install with the long belt path if you need it :)

wendmatt
06-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks Jools, I've just spent the last hour reading the instructions online and then found the long belt path instructions. I really hope it installs well in my Echo or I'm in trouble as I sold my Regent!! DD wants to ride in it tomorrow but I need to adjust height etc and she's in bed so I'll try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

801kelle
06-08-2008, 09:59 PM
My frontiers came with the supplemental directions in the box in addition to the manual!!!

postmodernmommy
06-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Let me know how your Frontier works out in your Echo. I have an Echo and am toying with the idea of ditching the Regent and getting a Frontier. Since there is no side curtain airbags and its such a small car I'm thinking the Frontier might offer even more side impact protection, who knows... we all thought the Regent was "da bomb" and now people are getting rid of them :)

Wow, someone selling Frontiers on CL for $210?? Amazing low price.

Amy :)

wendmatt
06-09-2008, 10:57 PM
I know, $210 is a great deal, her DH said she runs a childrens store, there were quite a few in the garage, so I'm not sure what's going on, but who cares I got a pink one!!
I put it in today using the short belt path. I twisted both ends of the buckle stalks (middle of the back) and it's really a good install. It is not as great as the Regent was with the long belt path install but I'm pretty happy with it. I was hot and tired and didn't want to try the long belt path today so I might try it, but this one is def tight. It sits nicely in the echo and seems quite a bit smaller than the regent, you could sit a passenger next to it. DD LOVES it, as it is pink and has cup holders!

It's wierd isn't it, you couldn't buy Regents for love or money this time last year and now you can't get rid of them. I was so happy that someone bought mine (even if it was only for $150 for a year old one) so I spent an extra $60 for the Frontier, worth it I think.

postmodernmommy
06-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Another quick question: Is it installed center in the Echo or outboard? I know when our Regent is installed center in the Echo I can't get anything on either side of it so I'm constantly moving it from center to outboard when I have to give kids a ride home from school. Thanks for all your info :)

Amy

wendmatt
06-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Right now I have it in the center. You can get a passenger next to it and I just went out and set the radian next to it to see if it would fit. I didn't actually install it though so I don't know if that would be possible. I guess it depends on the age of the kids you are taking so how big their car seats are or if they have one. I know it's a pain to swap around isn't it, I had to do that with the regent sometimes. It is quite a bit narrower than the regent but it does look like I'd prob have to move it for another child seat. Let me know if you have any more q's.