PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP-Head bobbing with Britax

momtodek
06-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Hi,
My son (7.5 months) outgrew the Chicco keyfit car seat. So I just purchased the Britax Marathon and he fell asleep today for the first time. His head was bobbing pretty bad. Does anyone have any advice? PLEASE

Thanks,
Tiffany
Dylan 02/03
Brendan 10/07

WatchingThemGrow
06-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Others will know more about this and give better advice, but we had the same issue with our son recently when we moved him.

Is his seat installed with the proper amount of recline? Our fire dept. installed a pool noodle under ours to recline it so DS wouldn't flop when he fell asleep. He looks much more comfy now.

Neatfreak
06-08-2008, 11:05 PM
I second the recommendation of checking the recline. Your son is RFing, right?

Joolsplus2
06-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Scroll down to the correct video on this page http://www.carseatsite.com/videos.htm#rear-facing%20videos and it'll show you how to install and how to use the tether to get the proper recline (check your manual for doing the tether 'swedish' style), a little tug on the tether is all it takes to get it to the proper recline.

And also, the head tipping sideways isn't uncomfortable or dangerous, it's when a very young baby's head flops chin-to-chest that's the real problem...I think fixing the recline will help with the sideways flop, but you'll be seeing that for the next bunch of years, so I just want to make you feel better about it now.. my 8 and 10 yo's are still pretty floppy car nappers!