PDA

View Full Version : Sad kitty news and name advice

DeeEast
06-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Well its obvious that our kitty Margot is not coming home. She's been gone now for going on 9 days. : ( We called all of the neighbors, the animal shelter, put an ad in the paper, and canvassed the neighborhood with her picture. DD knows that Margot is probably not coming back and may be dead.

I'd like to get a new kitten or two as soon as possible, which is really out of character for me. The last time we lost our long-term fur-babies, it took me 2 years to even think of getting new kitties.

But we have Margot's sister, Ci-Ci in the house and she's just lost without Margot. Its really sad to see. And for some reason (I choose to see it as a sign), DH has gotten 2 emails since Margot disappeared from co-workers who have kittens that just appeared on their porches/doorsteps that need a home.

I'm thinking we'd like to take at least one if not two more female kittens. I obviously can't name another kitten Margot (taken from Alfred Hitchcock's Dial M for Murder, we're big fans). Should I let the kids try to think of names? We've always gone for names from our favorite movies, i.e. Hitchcock, Christmas Story, many more.

Two of the kittens available are females and one is orange and the other is white and black. Any suggestions for good names?

caheinz
06-08-2008, 11:30 PM
So sorry to hear about Margot....

Just a note, though. Just because Ci-Ci is sad does NOT mean that she's going to welcome a new kitten. When our first cat died, our second was clearly sad and missed her. When we brought home a kitten to keep him company, boy was he pissed!

And no name help here. We've generally kept the names (or something close) that the shelter gave the pets first, and have very non-creative names for the ones we got in other ways!

Happy 2B mommy
06-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Sorry to hear about Margot.

I agree with pp that while Ci-Ci misses Margot, she may not welcome another kitty. How old is she? If she's pretty young and gets along with other cats, you'll probably have more sucess introducing a couple of cute fuzz-balls.

I have no idea if this is true, I've been told is that multiple female cats in a house doesn't work unless they are sisters and have always lived together.

Sorry, no help with names. My cats are named Beast and Tidbit.

kransden
06-09-2008, 02:37 AM
I would ask the kids what they would like to name the new cat(s), but warn them they might already have names. My dd wants a dog and her choices so far have been crystal, butterfly or diamond - bleech. Previously it was rosie, which while not creative, was ok to me.

Your cat may or may not want a new friend. My cats have had both good and bad reactions to new additions. So you won't know until you get another one. Good Luck.